Labs Feedback: Summary šŸ“Š

I selected the ā€œsalaryā€ date - how do I now manually change the date range period?

Have you enabled labs on Android as well? Itā€™ll need enabled on both devices.

2 Likes

Not sure if the income section of the summary has been discussed. First of all, it counts the starting balance as income, when it really isnā€™t income. In my case I had Ā£75 in my account and transferred Ā£1000 (say, a salary). Now I have Ā£1075 in my account and the Income Section tells me that I have Ā£2075: Starting balance Ā£1075 (??) + Transfers Ā£1000.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Yeap I had the same problem. The response I got from Jami was that for the time being to get round that, moving your current balance to pots before you get paid e.g payday would mean your income wont include your existing balance.

I hope they fix this in the future as I really donā€™t want to have to move money to pots every month for the ā€œincomeā€ section to be correct

1 Like

What happens when my pay date falls on a weekend, meaning Iā€™ll get paid early? For example I get paid on the 27th, but during May this will switch to the 25th, as the 27th is a Sunday. How will this effect the dial and the up and coming targets?

For now - If you are paid early, you can choose to either ignore it, and let your new month start on the 27th as normal (with your early salary payment being carried over), or you can start a new month from the day you were paid, which will run until the same date next month.

We plan to make this more flexible soon, to better handle being paid early/late.

2 Likes

It also shows me having Ā£0 left, but with a green thumbs up that Iā€™m set to have money left.

This sounds like a bug in our backend systems. Have you just started your month with a balance of 0 and no transactions? Are you using iOS or Android? Cheers!

The pulse graph for me has starting again as 1st of month

Surely needs to be in line with the spending and my payday ?

Apologies if already said

1 Like

There seems to be a bug on my Spending screen. My first guess is itā€™s related to Monzo Labs although I turned it off since Iā€™m not paid by a salary.

My only expense in May is a Ā£5 charge but Spending shows I already spent Ā£9.5 in total?

Hey, Pulse isnā€™t currently synced up to your Summary months. This will come in a later update.

1 Like

Hey - When is your Summary month running from-until? It might be that your targets are looking further back than May 1st?

Um. I bought some stuff on eBay recently and used PayPal linked to Monzo bank account and these have just appeared in my Planned Spending bit.

Odd thing is theyā€™ve appeared as income rather than payment?

I believe these are direct debits tooā€¦?

I appear to have been given 71p for free? :face_with_monocle:

I too am having thatā€¦ I pay Virgin Media Money Ā£100 a month for my Credit Card but in Summery today it says Iā€™m going to get +Ā£100 from them!

IMG_1601
IMG_1602

Winnerā€¦ or not as the case maybe

Itā€™s kinda odd as it (and I assume yours too) donā€™t show in the normal home screen. :thinking:

Unfortunately this is a bug from some related WIP to show upcoming Direct Debits in the feed. Fix on the way!

3 Likes

@Jami A loft of my bills went out on the 1st of the month so this big red summary looks a bit scary but Iā€™ve clearly got money left for the rest of the month:

This is iOS.

I was at the Labs event, and enabled Summary afterwards. Iā€™m pretty sure it showed Ā£0 from the beginning. I then set Payday based on a salary payment on 26 April, and the Ā£0 and green tick persisted.

That said, it looks like someoneā€™s given the backend a tickle since I posted this: I now have a (sobering) prediction!

Some edge case feedback: there are certain standing orders that I donā€™t want to include! Specifically I send some SOs to my own accounts elsewhere, which send them straight back the day after (hoop to qualify for current account interest elsewhere!). Sometimes less comes back, because some is directed to a linked regular savings account.

Suggestions:

• Either add an option to exclude individual planned payments
  • Or (ideally) predict the net transfer to an account as the planned spend
1 Like

Hey Colin - were those bills all schedule bank transfers, or Direct Debits etc?

We have a few things planned to tackle this issue:

1. Include Direct Debits (and online subscriptions) in the Committed Spending section, which automatically removes them from the calculation of the dial

2. Tweak the rules of the dial so that it has more tolerance earlier in the month, and doesnā€™t go orange/red so quickly.

For now, if you exclude the bill payments for this month from Spending, you dial should reflect your ā€˜spending moneyā€™ for the month.

Hope this helps!

J

1 Like

I thinkā€¦ I have found another problemā€¦ my pay day is 24th-24th and I have set my pay dayā€¦

Committed Spending has my SO for Rent in itā€¦ all fineā€¦ today my SO for my rent went outā€¦ am I correct in thinking it should now move from Committed to Spending and thus Committed for the rest of this month should be blank until DDā€™s are integrated? Or is this not how it works?

Thanks