Labs Feedback: Pots Goals 🍯 🎯

Introducing our newest Labs feature: Pots Goals :tada:

IMG_6128%20copy

Pots Goals do exactly what you’d expect. Set up a savings goal when you make a new pot, and track your progress as you work towards it.

We’ll even send you a notification to celebrate when you meet your goal. Because saving is always worth celebrating! :raised_hands:

Known issues:

• You can’t remove a goal from a pot.
    • This will be fixed in next week’s app updates!
  • The current Android app version doesn’t display a progress bar.
    • Next week’s app update will!

Give it a go and let us know what you think. Your feedback will help us make Pots Goals the best it can before we launch it to everyone!

16 Likes

Great idea :mondo: ! I can see myself and others I know using this a lot.

To expand the feature further it would be cool if you could set a date you had to reach the set amount by. It could then show you how many days you have left / how much you need to put aside each day to reach that value by said date :calendar:

18 Likes

I’ve enabled it in Labs and given one of my pots a goal. WHOO!

Do you think there should be an upper limit on the goal? I set mine to £55,555,555,555,555 so the progress bar is going nowhere!

Conversely, I then set a goal of 0.00. That can’t be a goal amount, surely!?

Can we have a textual representation of the %age progress as well? Not sure where!

I’ll keep testing!!

6 Likes

Time to get setting the new goals, reset to £0.00 and time to get saving :wink:

20180719_141725

Incredible!! :hot_coral_heart::hot_coral_heart:

Somebody owes me some money and they’re paying it back in chunks - Until today I’ve had the pot (example names)

John Pot (£150)

So I could keep a note of how much was owed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But now I’ve got an amazing bar with a dynamic note underneath! :sunglasses:

£20
John Pot (of £100)

Looks fab! Been waiting on this for a while :smile: Can’t wait to use it some more!!

7 Likes

Request:

Once the goal is reached the bar should turn green! :wink: Currently it just fills up and stays dark blue :joy:

Firework animations would also be accepted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Woohoo! Well done :monzo: time! Excited to see whats next out of it!

1 Like

Yes to the fireworks!

12 Likes

This! :100: :smiley:

Also I think that the iOS variant looks a tad nicer than Android :thinking:

Definitely missing the word goal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

image image

I think the Android card could do with a reshuffle, the iOS structure is more appealing (IMO) :innocent:

And I’d make the goal amount more ‘in your face’ as opposed to being on the small name line :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And a fanfare notification sound :dancer:

Yeah, I think more of the information should be overlayed in the pot image.

3 Likes

Sorry :joy: Me again!

Goal settings are missing from the Pot Creation (on Android) version 2.7.0 :wink:

3 Likes

I only found the goal setting after I created the pot and went into settings. Have you enabled the pots in Monzo labs.

2 Likes

Me? :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s enabled haha - already posted a few things about it above :wink:

But upon the creation of a Pot there’s no option to choose a goal amount, you need to go into the settings once the Pot has been created in order to set a goal - a process which should be doable from the initial Pot creation (IMO) :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s missing in goal creation on iOS too

1 Like

(This can all be done on Android version 2.7.0 - if you’re on the Beta version then you’re already set and ready! :wink:)

If you’re not on the Beta, get involved (optionally) haha, can sign up here :smiley:

1 Like

Runs and hides

1 Like

Love this feature. Could be improved with the percentage on the progress bar, that would make it perfect for me!

4 Likes

Bug report on latest iOS testflight (2.7.0)

I can add goals to existing or recently created pots, however I can’t add to new pots :frowning:

Loving all these pot improvements this week! When are we getting custom pot images though? :wink:

Would be nice if you could transfer money between pots too without clogging up your feed, e.g A generic roundup pot I might want to move to a holiday savings pot when I get to £10

4 Likes

Just enabled it in labs will see how it fairs always wanted a feature like this a nice % percentage showing would be great as well as let’s say push notification when you’ve hit or might reach the goal sooner than expected.

4 Likes

Just switched mine on would be great like others have put about having a % value or even the bar having a colour staring on red when going to Amber then green when you have reached your goal or some other variation I think a notification would be great when you have competed your goal or have for half way etc

2 Likes