Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

Hi @sammyv6s

From my understanding there is no need to have the test flight app installed anymore for access to joint accounts. You can just turn it on in the Monzo Labs settings right from the app store version.

Joint accounts act like two separate accounts, you will have a card for each :slight_smile:

Not a problem ask away!

Ah ha, youā€™re right, its in the Labs section :slight_smile:

Thanks for confirming!

1 Like

Is this to say you can only transfer Ā£200 or more between your regular account and joint account?

You can transfer anything from 1p upwards however youā€™ll only be able to set your summary start date based on a transfer over Ā£200

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for confirming.

Perhaps some feedback.
Iā€™ve just created a joint account - the on boarding wizard very straight forward. But after Iā€™ve requested my card and set my pin, nothing seems to have changed within the app / Iā€™m not notified anywhere that the card is on the way and I canā€™t see the Joint Account under the accounts tab.

I know there are probably things working behind the scenes, but it kinda feels like the process to create a joint account didnā€™t work as there is no status.
Unlike when you first create a Monzo account you can see ā€˜activate cardā€™ so you know youā€™re waiting on the card and Monzo isnt waiting on more information etc

2 Likes

Has the person youā€™re creating the joint account with agreed? Think thatā€™s when you get the confirmation

This.

If memory serves me correctly it tells you on the last screen of your setup that it needs the other person to confirm and setup their details too. You can see the status within the app too - it says something like ā€œpending other persons confirmationā€. Once theyā€™ve done their bit you will get an alert telling you that your account is being setup and shortly after youā€™ll have the option of adding your card under the account tab.

Ah perfect
Sheā€™s at work so probably not. Iā€™ll check on that :slight_smile:

Once she accepts at her end, youā€™ll get a feed notification like the below :slight_smile:

Oh itā€™s updated now :slight_smile: I guess I was expecting something like ā€œWaiting for x-person to acceptā€ or something. But nonetheless, very easy process!

It does say that if you look at your account before she accepts :rofl:

If it did, it was really well hidden!
I tried looking for something along the lines of that message on the Account tab, the feed, Summary and payments - nada :frowning:

I saw it when I applied a few weeks ago but I canā€™t remember where it was :smiley: Iā€™m on Android if that makes a difference but I assume it would be in the same place for IOS.

Will we also get an updated Widget (Iā€™m using iOS) which will show more features including both CA and JA balances and maybe last 3 or 5 purchases?

I know itā€™s been asked before, but can the ā€˜Notifications about transactionsā€™ toggle switch be account independent? My wife doesnā€™t care too much about the transactions in the joint account and actually gets a little bit of a shock when Monzo ā€˜bingsā€™ unexpectedly because of it.

5 Likes

Quick question re card names. Thought it would be more appropriate to post here rather than the other names on cards post. Will there be an option for two names on the cars e.g. mr/mrs & mrs/mr?

For example:
imagehttps://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/0*kcDye6v92-Wh62PW.

Well there wonā€™t ever be titles as they donā€™t ask for gender information. The new card only had one name on the preview so doesnā€™t look like something theyā€™re planning

I tried to avoid revolving the question around gender! So perhaps I should be asking if two names will be allowed on the card similar to how the statement is done?!

You each get a card with your own name on it. Not both.