Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

Hi

We just got our joint account cards - this will be super useful. I canā€™t however see an option to be able to filter transactions to a specific user (unless Iā€™m missing something obvious). This would be super useful as im anticipating hundreds of little transactions that arenā€™t mine now and would be good to filter those out.

Many thanks
Nick

5 Likes

Hi @Nickholl :wave:t3: ,

Hope you donā€™t mind but Iā€™ve moved your post here to keep all the feedback for joint accounts in one place :slight_smile:

As far as Iā€™m aware this isnā€™t possible yet but is a great suggestion. Hopefully itā€™s something otherā€™s would also find beneficial.

Iā€™f I had a joint account I know I would :credit_card:

No worries. Canā€™t see how it wonā€™t be broadly wanted :crossed_fingers:

Thanks

At the moment the functionality has not been built however Iā€™ve been using tags and adding a hashtag with the spenders initials on our JA as an interim solution

thanks for moving this over Jack :ok_hand:t2:

Who ever moved my post thanks for doing so :+1:t2::v:t2:

It wasnā€™t me but no problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Subscription prediction should certainly work on the joint account; I have Spotify predictions in mine!

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Received both JA cards today after only applying for it yesterday morning; great turnaround Monzo.

You canā€™t seem to add funds from the personal account to the JA without activating JA cardā€¦this makes sense. What doesnā€™t make sense is it allows you to proceed, choose the amount, asks for a fingerprint then does nothingā€¦this was on Android.

Is there a way to close our sole accounts and keep only our JA?

1 Like

No thereā€™s no plans to allow closing sole accounts and keeping the joint ones but thereā€™s no requirement to use the sole account

2 Likes

Maybe they think people will still have a sole account.

Iā€™d hate to think I bought the Mrsā€™s something as a surprise and as itā€™s from the joint account she would see my gift

Cheers @glasgow :+1:

You can still tell your partner your moving xxxx amount your own account that way they wonā€™t see the notification from xxxx shop

1 Like

Do we get a special badge like the Alpha/Beta/Investor badge for being lab joint account members. After all if I have to draw on my card to differentiate them itā€™s hardly a finished product :grin:

1 Like

We have been using joint accounts for a couple of weeks now. I really like this - but it does taking used to knowing instantly from my Apple Watch alerts what my partner is spending and not being intrusive about this ( we have been married for 37 years). The instancy of alerts on watch/phone is very different from managing a traditional joint account either on- line or through hard copy statements.

The switching between personal and joint accounts is a bit of a pain trying to establish what money is where. It would be really good if the first screen I saw was a summary screen showing:

1. My personal account balance
  2. The personal account pots with a balance for each one plus a total pots balance.
  3. The same two sets of information information for the joint account. ( I really would like pots available on this ASAP - particularly coin jar)

I would then click on whichever one I wanted to look at in more detail.

3 Likes

Starting to try to properly use the JA and Iā€™m not a fan of the Move Money UI.

Regardless of which account Iā€™m in when I tap move money it always defaults to moving money from my PA to the JA. This doesnā€™t make sense to me as Iā€™d expect the behavior to be to move the money from whichever account Iā€™m in to the other. So If Iā€™m in the JA then Move Money would default to JA > PA. And when in my PA it would be PA > JA.

Also, I know you can read the text, but the fact that both accounts have the same icon really confuses where youā€™re transferring money from and to. Clearly labelling each side JA and PA with more prominent writing would be very useful. Again, I know the details are there to read but itā€™s definitely not clear at a glance (for me at least).

1 Like

Also. Just my opinion but Iā€™d find it far more useful on Android to have launcher shortcuts for both accounts than any of the current options!

Having a way to label payments instead of just seeing the recipient would be very useful. My payment recipient listScreenshot_20180722-090947 is full of different accounts labelled R Patel as I move money around a lot. Being able to label them as Santander, NatWest etc would really help instead of having to know which account no. and sort code is which.

And not just for my accounts. Maybe itā€™s an Indian thing but I know a lot of Patels so something like J Patel isnā€™t as helpful as youā€™d think when trying to send money to my brother!

Finally. Itā€™d also be nice to label the scheduled payments so I know what they are. E.g. nursery fees, savings, allowance. Having a list of payments to myself isnā€™t very helpful.

9 Likes

Iā€™m about to change employer and was thinking of getting them to send my new salary straight to the JA. If I do that, how will I be able to start the CASS switch process?

There isnt a CASS switch service for joint accounts as far as I know. You will have to manually give your new employers your account details.

:soon: