Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

Hi @doma2345

They are on the way! Not sure of a timeline though. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Totally agree something needs to be done here. When you login to an app for a traditional bank the first thing you see if an account overview with all your accounts and the balances for those accounts.

there is no notification within the Joint Account section saying ā€˜Welcome to X countryā€™

Trip reports are currently turned off for joint accounts, because there was some rather nasty behaviour when your partner was in a different countryā€¦

3 Likes

Nasty behaviour because partners didnā€™t know their other half was in another country or because the monzo app was like wtf? :rofl:

Rather than a single ā€œtrip to Franceā€, youā€™d have many small trips, as it processed transaction/location updates for each user in turnā€¦ youā€™d constantly have trips starting and endingā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™m really pleased with the new Joint Account, for what itā€™s worth. Both my partner and I were delighted at how easy it was to set up. I agree that being able to view all your accounts from a single screen would be good, but it isnā€™t that important to me.

More important to me is that it shows that Monzoā€™s listening. I seem to remember for a while people asking for joint accounts while Monzo dug their heels in saying that they were going to work on what people really needed instead; and then coming up with things like the pulse thing for tracking spending, which is entirely useless as far as I can tell. So a big BIG thumbs up to Monzo for implementing this. :grinning:

4 Likes

Are we able to setup direct debits on joint accounts?
Me and my partner like to have our shared bills come out of our shared account!

Once all the joint account missing features are in place and itā€™s been released from the lab will new features be added to joint accounts & single accounts at the same time going forward? For instance I see that scheduled payments into pots has now been added, can we assume that these sort of announcements will apply to both account types going forward?

I hope we donā€™t get in another iPhone\Android situation where Android users were always waiting for features to be added after already being available on iPhone.

In other words I hope joint account users donā€™t end up being second-class citizens to single account users.

4 Likes

Yeah itā€™s a fully functioning bank account so you can set up direct debits etc.

1 Like

Definitely agree on this one - I hope that :monzo: have learnt from the Android/iOS parity issues and will ensure thereā€™s always Sole/Joint parity

1 Like

I agree, Iā€™d also prefer my joint account to show up like a card on the summary pane like my single card does, and then for it to always default to the same account when I log in, rather than the last account I was using when I logged out

Todayā€™s update!

• Weā€™re still hearing your feedback about swapping between accounts being confusing
    • Weā€™re planning on revisiting all designs for the whole flow and see where we can make things clearer. Stay tuned.
16 Likes

I donā€™t think the pulse graph is ā€œmissingā€ from the JA, I think itā€™s probably just the case that there isnā€™t enough data for it to display. Iā€™m 3 weeks into a regular Monzo account and donā€™t have it yet :+1: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve recently got my joint account card. Iā€™ve not moved over fully to Monzo yet. One suggestion Iā€™d make is that itā€™s easy to change between accounts with maybe just a swipe on the card on the first screen

3 Likes

Is it possible? I donā€™t see the option when I tap on the transaction like I do on my sole account.

Thanks!

I see it on mine.

Iā€™m on the iOS TestFlight version.

Yeah it works fine here on mine which is the normal release one from the App Store

Weird. I just asked support and they told me itā€™s not available on joint accounts yet. Kinda annoying as Iā€™ve moved our direct debits and subscriptions over and now canā€™t mark anything as recurring :frowning_face:

Is there an easy way to schedule payments into the joint account? I can only see this being possible by entering the joint account sort code and bank number?

Pleasantly surprised today to find that the app allowed me to send money from my joint account using previous history that I last used on my personal accountā€¦ saved me a few mins in trying to hunt down sortcodes/acc noā€™s