Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts 🤝

The text is identical whether you are in your PA or your JA, which I think is where it’s confusing.

If im in my Personal Account, then on the Add tab the text needs to say ADD to my PA from my JA.

Same for withdraw, but obviously saying withdraw from PA, and add to JA.

On the JA, the text would then say ADD to my JA from my PA and then for withdrawal, saying withdraw from JA, and add to PA.

It’s fairly confusing with the text and the flow.

For simplicity I would recommend redesigning this page and have a TO: and FROM: account field so people can freely select, regardless of which account they have selected.

2 Likes

It can also work in reverse to this, so when I am in my PA, I can choose to add to my JA and withdraw from my JA.

And when I am in my JA, then I can choose to add to my PA and withdraw form my PA.

Either way, the next needs to be updated on one side or the other - but preferably a whole new design for simplicity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should appear immediately. Perhaps she needs to update her app? :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, ha, that could well be it. She never does updates. I’ll tell her to update and report back.

I’ve just noticed that the Web app doesn’t allow you to view your joint account. I’m guessing that will be coming soon?

1 Like

Not any time soon sadly :frowning:

hmmmm I guess it’s like it never exists for me then since we will pretty much 100% be using the joint account

Same here :neutral_face:

1 Like

Look at the top of the screen, you can change it to withdraw…

The other party closed down the JA we had together. With my agreement.

However, there was no notification of this happening. It seems like they could have done it and I wouldn’t have known until I used the account. I assume this will change in future?

I’m unable to try and open another joint account with someone else now though. The button just doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Yep that did it, invitation received and cards on the way. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi

Not properly run it in yet, but two pieces of feedback/ideas -

1. Under the Make Payments tab, I have the payees associated with my Account, my partner has their own: the payees should be relevant to the joint account.

2. It would be really great if there were some way of switching DDs to the joint account, rather than going through the process of having to ring yo each provider to switch.

Thanks

2 Likes

CASS is in the works to allow full switching or DDs, balance etc to joint account hopefully be out soon!

This one has come up a few times and I’d love to know if it’s even possible.

Given that a DD is a request on a Sort Code/Account Number combination (at setup time at least), does a bank ever have the freedom to reroute these to another account on their own?

I want to say ‘No’ based on the information given but I don’t have anything to back that opinion up.

1 Like

I’ve done it with HSBC when opening a joint account. If HSBC can manage it I’m sure Monzo can.

2 Likes

I’m confused, is that not what CASS and partial switching process does?

Loving the new Switching in iOS!

Can now do it from the top and bottom (now with Haptic)!!

I also love the fact the card shows differently and when you switch it remembers the page you were on!

3 Likes

The new account selector is in the latest TestFlight. Plus there is some haptic feedback when using the shortcut at the bottom:

They have also added the ‘Joint Account’ label to the card in app:

8 Likes

Yes just released. Version 2.6.0 (433)

1 Like

No idea. That may be how it works, I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking the question.