Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts 🤝

Is there no turn off notifications toggle in joint?

There is, but it looks like it’s all or nothing. I still want to see mine, just not what’s been spent by the other person.

4 Likes

I can 100% see how this would be annoying, should be able to disable notifications for the other users card transcations etc but keep stuff like if they setup a direct debit.

3 Likes

It’s great for that time when you accidentally pay on the wrong card, especially considering the cards do look quite similar and you may be in a rush. I’m sure they could build some slick feature for this :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I like the notifications from the joint account but I guess it could become annoying.

Its funny that you’d want to keep notifications just for your own spending though, I mean you know when you’ve just spent £40 on petrol because you’re still standing there in the petrol station when the notification comes through.

2 Likes

I’ve picked up a few things from reading this thread, it ties into some other items mentioned on the forum:

The card settings and overall account / app settings need to be re arranged, it doesn’t make sense for the app lock (touch ID) to appear under the card settings. As both cards are within the same app so having the option in two places is confusing? Link to previous discussion: Locations for various settings [iOS]

I understand a fix is coming soon, but shouldn’t payments with friends be an option to enable during the app signup workflow as people often don’t know they need to go into the card settings to enable? Unless it asks them as soon as they open the payments tab for the first time?

There was something else but I can’t remember right now… I’ll post again when I remember :roll_eyes: .

Question: Will the ability to sign up to a Joint Account be opened for couples where one partner isn’t currently a customer? I use Monzo as my main current account but my SO doesn’t. We’d like a joint Monzo account but since she wouldn’t be using a personal current account with Monzo it doesn’t make sense for her to sign up for one of those.

At the moment both parties have to have a personal account before they can have a joint. She doesn’t have to use it though if she doesn’t want.

Yeah I’m aware at the moment it isn’t, I’m just wondering over whether in the future it will be possible. It seems a bit futile to create another current account she doesn’t want just to get one that she does.

When do you think you’ll start reporting this (days, weeks, months)? I’m currently applying for a mortgage, for which I expect to have a decision within 2 weeks so I want to make sure there’s no change to my credit report.

1 Like

They’ve said they have no plans to change it

1 Like

Personally I’d play it safe and wait two weeks at least you know the joint account will be even better by then as they will have made more improvements :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetings all

Me and the wife have been using joint account for a few weeks now, here are some of my observations. We both like the joint account, and in its present state its very usable. (no issues with crashing or refused payments)

However here is a list of things that would be really nice improvements (none of these are deal breakers, just added friction.)

Regular payments:
Creating a regular payment to go to the joint account is not obvious. The only way I can see is to:

1. long press on the account button
  2. write down the sort/account number
  3. navigate to the payments tab
  4. send via bank transfer
    Can we either have a radio button on the “move money” option, or a + button in the scheduled payment area.

(as a side note, setting up a regular payment to another monzo account requires knowing their sort/account number, can we add a “regular payment” radio button to the “pay contacts” journey? it seems jarring that adhoc payments are so friction free, but regular payments are such a pain.)

Telling which account you are in
Can we have a different colour scheme for the joint account? (that obviously has a large UX knock on) failing that can we liberally sprinkle “joint” everywhere like “joint account balance” “joint summary”,

Shared pots
This I assume has been raised before. Shared pots would be really useful for us (for example creating a pot for a child’s birthday, holiday, christmas fund etc)

Lack of burndown spending chart
The account balance over time graph at the top of the home page is really useful. I know the data is sorta displayed in the spending tab, but it is really useful.

main account pot summary
In the spending summary for pots in the main (non joint account) appears to the wrong way round. When you withdraw money from the pot it appears in green with a +(ie +ÂŁ100) which is misleading as it looks like you are adding money to the pot.

I’m not sure if thats a bug in the joint account build, or the normal as well.

Version: IOS 2.5.0(431)

Thanks, keep up the good work!

6 Likes

That’s a shame, thank you.

1 Like

My joint account (which I opened in order to check out the functionality), has just been closed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just tried this, and when I’m in my Joint Account, the text still says “How much would you like to add to your Joint Account”. I think this is supposed to say “How much would you like to add to your Personal Account”.

1 Like

It looks like this for me :thinking: whether I’m initiating the withdrawal from my joint account in the JA or my current account.

One question regarding the T&C’s, and without having the exact text I can’t be 100% sure, but did I read it correctly where it said about £85,000 FSCS protection on the joint account, which is 50% per person?

If so, shouldn’t this be £170,000 FSCS, as the protection applies the £85k limit per depositor, not per account.

Not quite, here’s what the T’s & C’s say:

Just like the current account, our joint accounts are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).

Bear in mind you’re only covered by the FSCS for a total of £85,000 across all the accounts you have with us, and the money in your joint account is considered 50% yours and 50% the other person’s.

3 Likes

The text is identical whether you are in your PA or your JA, which I think is where it’s confusing.

If im in my Personal Account, then on the Add tab the text needs to say ADD to my PA from my JA.

Same for withdraw, but obviously saying withdraw from PA, and add to JA.

On the JA, the text would then say ADD to my JA from my PA and then for withdrawal, saying withdraw from JA, and add to PA.

It’s fairly confusing with the text and the flow.

For simplicity I would recommend redesigning this page and have a TO: and FROM: account field so people can freely select, regardless of which account they have selected.

2 Likes