Labs Feedback: Bill Splitting đź“ť

To be honest the actual splitting of the bill isn’t the issue, that’s not solving a problem for that many people. I don’t really need a mechanism to inform the person who owes me money (it would be nice, but not crucial). All I would typically do is share my account details from the app through messenger or whatsapp and then tell them how much to pay me back (which is pretty seamless really now that they’ve added the ability to share bank account details).

I think most people’s issue here is the fact that if you’re going to go full Monzo, the budgeting, which is what Monzo are championing as one of the main benefits at the moment of managing your money, needs to be as accurate as possible, and the amount that has been spent in each category needs to accurately reflect what is actually happening, or else people just stop using it as it doesn’t help them.

I don’t have the solution as I’m not an app developer and don’t know what is possible or not, all I think we’re saying is that it would be good to see them figure out a solution to this problem and to give a rough timeline of when it is being addressed as it’s probably one of the leading frustrations across all users (going by the community). My personal slight frustration was that the wording of the updates suggested it was being fixed as part of this update which wasn’t made clear and only bill splitting between monzo users was addressed.

3 Likes