Labs Feedback: 3DS 🔓

(Jack) #320

@MatJarosz

That makes same, with paying via Bank Transfer the details would be saved with the reference to use time and time again within Monzo.

Faster payment
You can transfer money from your bank account to pay your balance on your Tesco Credit Card. Transfer the money to sort code 40-64-15 , account number 31310006 and enter your 16-digit credit card number as the reference.
Payments made using the Faster Payment Service are normally made within two hours

OK - So I’ve just tried it for the first time - Woo!

It failed… oh :frowning:

I went to pay off my AMEX card as normal (all through the app).

It said it was going to 3D secure (which it did).

I then had to authorise it from the Monzo app (note… Once I authorised it, it didn’t automatically move back to the AMEX app).

When I went back there, it said it had failed.

Anyone else experienced this?

EDIT:

Prize plonker of the day goes to yours truly…

When I ordered my new JA card yesterday, it froze my existing JA card (that’s now been fixed, but I haven’t contacted CS to unfreeze it).

Oops!!

(Janine Fowles) #323

Tried this today on National lottery site. The notification for approval came through to my phone but on approving using Face ID on iPhone X it said the secure token was invalid - maybe this is something to do with Face ID? Tried a couple of times but to no avail - hope this helps sort the pesky bugs :ant:

(Rika Raybould) #324

Hmm, this sounds like an app bug that I’ll raise. You can fix this by turning off and back on “Use Face ID for Payments” in the settings screen under the Account tab. :+1:

(Jack) #325

Could you pay it via logging into Amex via the web browser?
A lot of people are saying this seems to be an issue with payments in banking apps.

Do you normally pay this way or via Direct Debit?
If it’s purely for control of when to pay this is another good alternative without leaving the Monzo app:

Personal Cardmembers
Please use the following bank details:
Account name: American Express Services Europe Limited
Sort code: 30-00-00
Account number: 00200476
Use your 15 digit American Express Card number as the reference.
Your Faster Payment or BACS payment will update your balance as soon as it has been received.

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/customer-service/how-to-make-payment.html

(Rika Raybould) #326

New to the 3D Secure web pages. (Excuse the debug pages :sweat_smile:)

A tick and a cross!

An I already approved this option for when the page doesn’t automatically move on.

(Jack) #327

If the transaction is not in £ will it show the value in both £ & ‘other currency’ like it does in the feed?

Not a big thing just thought it would be nice.

(Rika Raybould) #328

Right now, it will show the currency that the purchase is being made in. At this point in the flow, we don’t know what the exchange rate will be at all (we only receive that with the authorisation message when the purchase goes through).

One of my team is currently looking into using data from the last Mastercard cycle at the time to estimate the exchange rate for the common currencies at least. :+1:

Hey Jack, not sure if you saw my edit - I could have deleted the whole post, and hid the utter “doofus ness” I exhibited… But I thought I’d leave it there for all to see.

(Jack) #330

Someones Silly :wink:

(Rika Raybould) #331

Coming tomorrow: The in-app approval page gets slightly nicer!

@rika some bugs with the new stuff :slight_smile:

Clicking I already approved this when you didn’t makes the links break out of the container:

And when clicking cancel transaction I got a 404 page:

(Rika Raybould) #333

Aware of this one, I missed checking the SMS page when we added it. :grimacing:

Looking into this one now and should get it fixed tomorrow. :+1:

(Rika Raybould) #334

I’ve just enabled 3D Secure in-app challenges for Android users with app version 2.11.0 (currently in the Google Play Beta channel) and above. :tada:

Edit: Maybe not, looks like the feed item doesn’t correctly appear, will investigate tomorrow.

Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog

I was hoping that was what the update was for :heart_eyes:

(Matthew) #336

(Jack Matthews) #337

I’ve tested 3DS and it works great and it’s simple and looks amazing! Such amazing work and it continues to make me proud to be part of Monzo! :slight_smile:

(Kieran) #338

@Rika said this on slack “Right, I think I have it narrowed down. Will look further tomorrow. Have reset the config for now.” :slight_smile:

(Ryan Kirk) #339

Just had my first experience with the 3DS this evening,
I found it worked very well and the approval/cancel process was very smooth!

Very impressive :tada:

(Antoine A.) #340

Any input @Rika :slightly_smiling_face:? Have such options been discussed?