(Jack) #241

Just had my first one!

Didn’t even know this merchant used 3DS

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #242

I wanna try this too but I know no site to try :crying_cat_face:

(Simon B) #243

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - 14/8/18

(Richard Bairwell) #245

Would it be possible to get any other information in the in-app notification (“Transaction from IP address using browser [via Paypal/Stripe] etc”) just so people are entirely certain what it is for (the via may be useful if there are mismatched merchant details).

(Seumas Beathan) #259

This hasn’t worked for me so far, I work for sky and tried to top up my canteen account, got the notification to approve it, clicked approve but nothing actually happened.

(Jack) #262

Any error messages, what does the website say?

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #266

Anyway back on topic, what site can I try this on? Only wanna spend like a quid or so…

(Jack) #267

I think it’s best we get back on topic otherwise this thread is going to end up auto closing again…

If you want to kindly sort out any differences your best way is to DM the other user :slight_smile:

(Simon B) #268

A post was merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - 14/8/18

(Seumas Beathan) #269

No error messages at all, on the app it shows it as if its been successful, if I try and approve it again it says its already been approved. On the website nothing changes it just continues to show the 3DS screen with the option to cancel transaction, no errors or messages come up.

(Jack) #270

Best bet is to disable it for now then if you need to use it. Hopefully a member of the team can pick this up and look into it. @rika? :slight_smile:

(Seumas Beathan) #271

Yeah that’s what I did for now, will enable it again though and try it elsewhere.

It was more to counter that a mobile device will be required for transactions anyway, which won’t always be the case.

PSD2 also doesn’t specifiy the device that must be used, so laptops or alternatives could be linked; a card with a dynamic code generator would even be fine.

(Alex Sherwood) #273

Ok that’s not what I was suggesting.

Yeah I’m just not sure about the practicality of the alternatives.

(Rika Raybould) #274

We would like to avoid going down these routes as much as possible. Our research has been very clear that customers do not like them. :no_good_woman:

One of the most important things to remember is that we’re balancing security and convenience. Many things would be “more secure” but at the same time, we don’t want to get too in the way of you being able to make payments while also fully supporting 3D Secure.

(Jai Sullivan) #275

I just attempted this on the National Lottery website to add funds to my account and it doesn’t seem to have worked properly. 3DS interface popped up on the site and the subsequent push notification from Monzo was received, but then after approving in app the transaction seems to be stuck on the same screen (below). I’ve tried this 3 times and I’ve been able to replicate.

(Rika Raybould) #276

Hmm, could you let me know what browser you’re using here? That Monzo logo is a little concerning too! :sweat:

(Jai Sullivan) #277

This was on my work laptop which runs IE11 (unfortunately) — is this why? IE11 or something potentially on my work network that is blocking it?

(David Purcell) #278

Worked fine for me across National Lottery, On the Beach and a few others then hit a snag when paying my credit card.

If I enter £25, it seems to request I approve 25p in the app and the transaction subsequently declined. Not sure who the issue lies with. Just wanted to flag it.

(Rika Raybould) #279

It’s possible! We’ll have a manual “I already approved this” option very soon that should work around the main problem of being unable to continue at least!