Labs Feedback: 3DS ๐Ÿ”“

(Caspar Aremi) #190

I just tested it on the National Lottery website and it perfectly. Really nice implementation.

(Mark Edmonds) #192

So I found an irritating bug. Tried to pay my Barclaycard using the app.
Made a payment, then it prompts for a 3DS approval. I go to do this by opening the notification to the monzo app, then the payment doesnโ€™t complete because Iโ€™ve browsed away from the barclaycard app!

What would be great is 3D Touch for the notification like it is with some 2FA apps, so I never have to exit away from what I was doing.
For example the LastPass Verify app is great for approving or denying using 3D Touch on the notification.

(Andy) #193

This sounds like a really bad flaw in the Barclaycard app! They should have functionality built in to handle switching apps for OTPs etc. Did you kill the app or just switch out like normal?

(MikeF) #194

How would you achieve the same on a device without 3D Touch? (Iโ€™m trying to think how to solve it for all if itโ€™s going to be a common issue. Some of us have older phones :frowning:๏ธ)

(Mark Edmonds) #196

Switch out as normal. Both the Barclays and barclaycard app do the same. They insta-lock as soon as you browse away. Saying that, the Monzo app does the same.

(Mark Edmonds) #197

Just has a thought of thatโ€ฆolder iOS devices I donโ€™t think you can! Android can present a yes/no button on the notification.

(Jack) #198

Can you do it via their website?

Unfortunately it canโ€™t be approved by a notification/not going into the app. Rika explained this above.

Maybe in future versions of securecode it will though :man_shrugging:t3:

(Andy) #199

Monzo app generally returns to the same screen you were on though rather than resetting the session which is what all apps should do

(Mark Edmonds) #200

I would imagine so. Because I would have two separate devices. Kinda defeats the purpose of the apps though.

(Mark Edmonds) #201

From what I can see, when you browse back to the app, it re-presents the passcode screen. Which I guessing resets the flow of what you was doing.

(Alex Sherwood) #202

Is there a setting in the app that lets you change how long you have to wait after switching apps before having to re-enter your passcode? The Lloyds app has this.

(MikeF) #203

Not in the Barclaycard app, from memory.

(Mark Edmonds) #204

Funnily enough I was just looking.
Nothing I can see.
Itโ€™s a shame, as itโ€™s the first issue Iโ€™ve ever had with the Barclayโ€™s apps. They tend to be the best out of the major banks.

Barclays/Barclaycard have never allowed this. It completely locks and resets any flow. Itโ€™s absoluely nonsensical and they donโ€™t paticularly seem to care. Other apps can set timeout or even lock but take you back to where you were once you enter the PIN.

(Alex Sherwood) #206

Iโ€™m trying to double check but Iโ€™m getting this :weary:

Strange as when I paid by MBNA credit card by the app when I switched back from Monzo to authenticate the 3D secure. It stayed open where I was previously and let it through. Strange would have thought barclaycard more modern.

(๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ abofm.club ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ) #208

The barclaycard app is terrible. I gave up.

The Barclays app is even worse as it does this regardless of what youโ€™re doing. If youโ€™re in a chat and the phone auto-locks, you get a phone call, switch apps, etc. it ends the chat and resets any flow. So you have to completely start again.

Remind me not to switch to Barclaycard.

(๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ abofm.club ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ) #211

Whatโ€™s a good way to test this? I thought Coinbase was but apparently my Monzo card was already attached. Removed it, added it again, didnโ€™t get any 3DS thing.