Kroo Bank chat

It’s a funny one - I’m an enthusiast but I always close accounts that don’t have a use purpose or USP!

2 Likes

I have too many accounts now, I’ll probably go on a closing down spree soon. At least accounts that don’t have a lifetime/year-long/whatever ban if you leave

I think Kroo stands out from all the weird fintech accounts by being an actual bank so giving that extra bit of reassurance. Provided they can scale properly and not shit the bed like Chase

3 Likes

I’ve been holding out to trial the social spending IE with other half sending him requests etc as no apps other than monzo do this well (we both have monzo) but he doesn’t have revolut and they don’t support Google pay by link through revolut which is annoying.

Definitely no hard check from Kroo? RBS did a hard check, can’t remember if First Direct did…

For me the social spending thing has been taken over by Housemate. The app doesn’t work half the time and looks awful but I’ll be damned if I get my other half to sign up to another app!

1 Like

High street banks always will as they’re always looking to cross sell an overdraft

1 Like

Looking at their terms it appeared to me that they don’t. Wouldn’t have signed up otherwise at this time

You can check for yourself when signing up, the terms are clearly laid out and you have to read* them all before you can accept them

*or scroll through blindly at your peril

3 Likes

From the FAQ

2 Likes

Stuck on registering, the email won’t come through. :man_shrugging:t2:

Have you checked spam?

Of course, it has just come through as I was replying to your message though, only took about 20 minutes. :sweat_smile:

And just like that I’m in and card ordered, really like the app, very cool.

Boo. Mine still says waiting

2 Likes

Ignoring the 20 minute email delay, after I finished registering I was approved in <5 minutes.

1 Like

Looks neat at first appearance, sadly no dark mode.

4 Likes

Has anyone got someone else to split with to see how the social spending works? I’m intrigued.

Unfortunately I can’t get anyone to sign up, nobody cares about current accounts beyond the one they currently have. :joy:

2 Likes

Is that a referral scheme I see there?

1 Like

£10 each plus 10 trees each. Save the planet.

No dark mode, no likey

1 Like