Kroo Bank chat

On what basis?

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m confused. Which is it?

The worst thing is the insistence on saying ‘Vodafone’.

Perhaps we should refer to them as ‘Kroo’.

2 Likes

‘@Peter_G’

2 Likes

‘smartest’ person in the room.

The whole thing’s a quote from one of these topics anyway so I might as well :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve just had a follow up email from Kroo advising that they wanted to clarify that the complaint was in fact Upheld :eyes:

2 Likes

Hi Kroo :wave:

I see you’re reading. Can you explain the mystery of ‘Vodafone’ please? It’s definitely the most important thing here.

Oh, and slip @Ryan1992 a few more quid. You know you’ve messed up.

Love,
‘Peter’

PS please sort your :poop:. We need another strong competitor. Thx.

9 Likes

Received a notification just before 10am this morning that the ÂŁ40 had been deposited into my account so they were prompt with that.

The only thing though is in my transaction list, it appeared before money out transactions I made last night…… suggesting that they put their own payment into my account under review :man_facepalming:t2:(the same as what happened with my salary payment)

I don’t have any words anymore.

3 Likes

I’m with a few banks where the transactions reorder themselves after overnight processing - could be a similar thing

2 Likes

They haven’t got a Kroo they are Krooless. In fact they haven’t got a Scooby Kroo.

6 Likes

Kroo raising interest rate again to 3.33 percent from 1st Apr

Would otherwise be tempted, but Kroo has a reputation problem they need to fix before I can trust them, alas.

5 Likes

Must be seeing an outflow of deposits, can’t get what there trying to be, a savings product or a bank

1 Like

It’s a current account. Obviously it doesn’t have to be one thing or the other. High interest current accounts were quite common before the decades of low interest rates.

1 Like

A bank now. But they’ve not quite shrugged off the whole “social payment app” idea which is what it was originally intended for. 5-a-side teams etc.

As a bank I found it to be beyond basic. I can’t see how they’ll last in honestly, the interest rate really isn’t the flex they perhaps think it is.

were they though? They were the exception and not the rule

1 Like

While interest rates were higher in bank accounts, they certainly weren’t competitive with savings accounts.

And lots had no interest at all. First Direct has never offered interest, I think, for example.

3 Likes

If the payment in was BACS and the direct debits were on the same day why didn’t they pay out?
Most banks credit BACS before taking direct debits out.

I’d be tempted to go to FOS.
You’re covered by the direct debit guarantee so Kroo are at fault.

If payment in was FPS then always remember it has until 5pm next business day to clear.

This may not apply as I’m not sure that Kroo use Modulr but with Revolut the direct debit goes out at bang on 00.00

Some banks sign up to something which says they will retry often allowing till 4pm for the funds to clear - with neo banks using third party payment processors you don’t get such luxuries

1 Like