Kroo Discussion

Not bad actually, could just use Kroo as a savings account at this point.

3 Likes

I got the email today too, nice little increase.
Still waiting on support getting back to me from yesterday though, 25 hours now and counting.

3 Likes

I can beat that, waiting for 2 weeks for Monzo to get back to me, from the people with vulnerabilities team

It’s not a contest, but may as well be

2 Likes

I might wait until I hear of peoples experiences of moving large sums in or out of Kroo before I decide it’s worth the extra 0.1 something on Zopa :joy:

2 Likes

Does Kroo run a hard or soft check on a new application?

1 Like

Soft check I recall.

1 Like

Anyone plan to use Kroo for easy access savings when it goes to 3%?

What it sounds good for us to accrue interest whilst waiting to pay for direct debits or the like - but the direct debit functionality has been under question :smirk:

2 Likes

I saw this yesterday and it made me laugh considering the problems people in here had.

From Kroo’s Instagram page.

4 Likes

Are they using Modulr for their payment processing?

Or just accrue interest without any direct debits. It’s pretty much up there with the no–hoops easy access savings accounts…

2 Likes

Yeah this is pretty much what I meant, using it as an easy access savings account even though it’s a current account.

1 Like

Good being able to just spend from your savings in case of emergency I suppose

2 Likes

Just opened one of these for the Β£21 cashback via Topcashback. Do they report to any specific CRA’s? Just curious I noticed my Monese account showed up on transunion

Can’t see my Kroo account anywhere on Experian/Equifax.

1 Like

This is what I use my Chase Savings account for.

Not moving for extra 0.25% on very little tbh.

Will be emptying my 3% HSBC account on 1 Feb, to Kroo, though.

Easy Access with no penalty, unlike HSBC one.

1 Like

Yes - alongside Barclays Rainy Day Saver; as as mentioned it is one of the best easy access rates (besides Chip early February as well).

Although, saw someone say that the base interest is going to be reviewed again by the Bank of England so it might very quickly be behind others.

It goes from bad to worse for me :frowning:
I’ve now got a bank transfer missing from my Kroo account. It shows a transfer out from my other account but it’s not reached Kroo!

i noticed that a couple of times when i used kroo that it took longer to show up than expected , a shame as well as it had promise

2 Likes

How long has it been? By Faster Payment rules it can take up to 48 hours, I believe.

1 Like