Just cannot speak to anyone at Monzo that can do anything

Probably not, no. Do banks or anyone ever call you when they promise?

Do other banks, yes, does Monzo - no.

What do you think parallel calls tomorrow until someone picks up? Maybe across different phone lines? I mean they terminate after 10 minutes on hold…

Huh… i’ve had Natwest promise to call me back and never did, so I guess it soured my experience. Bigger legacy banks also have a lot more staff on hand.

I apologise for my attitude in the other thread. We’re not just curious, knowing the full story can help us help you

If what Revels has said is true, monzo will not under any circumstances re-open your account

Bigger legacy banks also have a lot more staff on hand.

Never faced this type of nonsense from a bank, not even from Three, Monzo takes the biscuit.

I apologise for my attitude in the other thread. We’re not just curious, knowing the full story can help us help you

I need a letter. They won’t email. I’ve waited 14 days. They have no tracking. They won’t pickup the phone, won’t call me back. Account is closed.

Any ideas?

monzo will not under any circumstances re-open your account

??!!

Repeat after me.

I.
LEFT.

THEY .
LOST.
ME.

They aren’t special. They’re a bank?!

To be honest I don’t know if you’ll get to speak to them, and don’t care about your urgent pressing problem on an account you “chose” to close in August.

I do care that the service from my bank is not great. But you know what, reading your posts has actually made me care a bit less about that. So in a way you’ve succeeded in improving my perception of their service. :ok_hand:

When you do get to speak to someone do try to approach the conversation a bit better than you have here otherwise yeah, they’ll terminate the call.

6 Likes

Afraid not. you’ll get your money within 6-8 weeks usually if they close your account. It really does suck

If you closed those to close the account then the account should have had nothing in it before it was closed

To be honest I don’t know if you’ll get to speak to them, and don’t care about your urgent pressing problem

Least you’re honest, how are you contributing in a way that helps again?

I do care that the service from my bank is not great. But you know what, reading your posts has actually made me care a bit less about that.

Reading this has made me really believe this “fandom banking” is beyond toxic.

So in a way you’ve succeeded in improving my perception of their service. :ok_hand:

Justification…

When you do get to speak to someone do try to approach the conversation a bit better than you have here otherwise yeah, they’ll terminate the call.

When you try and justify this nonsense, try and take a step back and realise that Monzo get it wrong and have a long way to go.

If you closed those to close the account then the account should have had nothing in it before it was closed

It was. I need a letter to confirm it’s closed.

Still, this thread has got to be the first time I have seen on here of someone complaining about their account being closed when they were the one who closed it

Variety is the spice of life

Popping this thread on mute now though, as its just spiralling round and ripe for being closed

Drop Monzo an email and wait for the response

1 Like

I’m definitely no mega fan. Generally try to be balanced and Have been pretty critical of monzo too. But I am now your biggest fan :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Wow, the bullies on here…pffft…leave the guy alone, he has a problem.

1 Like

Are you raising a new dispute or querying an existing one?

Raising a chargeback is at a banks discretion and not something they’re obliged to do. In addition you’re only entitled to request a chargeback within 120 days of the original purchase date (with a handful of exceptions).

So I have a question, Disney pulled all their channels from Sky and from what i had read I thought they were going to be on the Disney+ platform.

I have looked at the Disney+ platform and I can not see them there. Are they there and if so where and if not where are they now?

Very true

Evidently not and yeah that’s rubbish. But being a total twit to people who are trying to help means his problems seem more deep rooted than not being able to speak to someone at the bank.

2 Likes

Still, this thread has got to be the first time I have seen on here of someone complaining about their account being closed when they were the one who closed it

And my first time a bank not answering the phone is blamed on me :joy:

This is all me right?:

1 Like

When did you submit your complaint? I’m genuinely trying to help, so I’ll warn you up-front that I’ll tap out if I get one of your previous shitty replies like above…

4 Likes

His problem is the diminished telephone service Monzo now offer. It is very difficult to speak to someone at the bank. It has been getting more difficult since June or thereabouts. Can’t Monzo stick a few more phone operatives on duty? That’s all the guy wants.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 2 days.

Oh christ

1 Like

And today, of all days, I ran out of popcorn.

2 Likes