Jubilee Plans

This is my plan also.

Along with repeatedly saying “Yes, I’ll do the wedding invitations tomorrow” to my fiancée for several days in a row.

1 Like

We don’t have a cinema anymore! I’d need to catch a flight to Scotland! Even with the air discount scheme it’s about £350 for my brother and I including cinema tickets.

Ah! I don’t think I’d pay that much to see any film, especially if it will be available elsewhere later

2 Likes

Yep, working. Still, I’ll have a front row seat to everything going on all weekend. And I’ll get to earn some :pound: overtime too.

2 Likes

I was supposed to be off Friday :melting_face:

Seeing friends in Nottingham and Manchester for a night out and then a birthday party. Weekend will be spent celebrating Dad’s birthday.

1 Like

I’m working on Thurs & Sun. Might cycle into central on Sat to witness the madness.

My plan is to catch up with season 2 of Russian Doll. And watch a whole bunch of The Mindy Project.

Read some books also, knock that TBR pile down a little bit.

No plans to go away anywhere. Largely because I don’t like going away when there’s likely to be large numbers of people about. But also because at my last fill-up it cost me nearly 50% more than used to be normal, so doing more milage than my usual commute is something I really have to think carefully about right now :sob:

Oh, and with all the time off and at home, I might treat myself to attempting a bit more cooking in the kitchen instead of getting something out of a box and sticking it in the microwave.

1 Like

My local VUE are doing an over 18s screening only when it comes out, it’s a 2230 showing, no little brats allowed. I wouldn’t expect many attending at that time anyways if it was just a normal screening.

I may wait until closer to the date to check back and see what the seat bookings look like. I want an empty place tbf, no distractions that way.

3 Likes

I just saw on tv that a homeless charity in Leeds was putting on a bit of a do for the homeless in Leicester, which is nice.

The irony of homeless people being encouraged to celebrate the life of someone with half a dozen palaces and castles to choose from seemed to go over everyone’s head somehow.

1 Like

Unfortunately working almost the whole weekend.
Early finish on Sunday with a later start Monday, so maybe a couple of hours in the pub, and that will be it.

1 Like

Well, I am working on Friday… so that day’s out for me

Work Thursday & Friday :slightly_frowning_face:
Village party on Saturday with marquees and a few bands.

Working only Friday over the 4 day weekend. Weather permitting day at coast tomorrow, fish and chips, probably ice cream too. Only other plans is a ford car show on Sunday, just having a look at the shiny cars don’t own any worthy of entering a show.

Off to meet up with the ex-wife and her husband who’ve flown in from the US for some cheese in London. Yes, I live that kind of life. But at least it’ll be a break away from home for a couple of days at a nice hotel. It’s the closest I’m going to get to a holiday this year…

Then on Monday it’s WWDC. Oh, I live life on the edge.

2 Likes

Or as I like to think of it, the first Christmas of the year

2 Likes

Well, this will be my last international holiday for a while. The security queue was manic but moved swiftly, but it’s madness in the terminal. Huge queues for all food outlets, shops running low on food stuffs. Maybe it was always like this and I’m not used to it, but I’d much rather be putting up with street parties than this

4 Likes

For the plane spotters out there between Norfolk and Oxford, the times to look up are here: