Save together with Pots on joint accounts!

We’re very excited to announce that from today you can use Pots on joint accounts, as well as personal accounts!

37 Likes

Awesome! This will make it so much easier for us to meet savings goals :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeeeey finally! :stuck_out_tongue:

We can now have a savings pot for our newborn as well as having roundups go into there :baby_bottle:

5 Likes

The most anticipated feature is here . Thanks Monzo :raised_hands:t3::metal:t4:

4 Likes

Just set up about 7 of them

2 Likes

Excellent news. And even better they’re are working on CASS for JA! Finally we can go #fullmonzo :grin:

2 Likes

Hooray! Now we can create our wedding fund pot! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Super excited (how sad!) about this! Just set up one for rounding! :smiley:

1 Like

This is reeeally fussy but it would be extra-amazing if I could move money directly into the Joint Account pot from my individual account. That way I could set up a scheduled payment to move £100 directly into my wedding pot every month, without having to do it in two steps.

I also like to move little bits and bobs into my savings pots throughout the month (e.g. if I save money by not taking the tube one day) so it would be really nice just to be able to ping those amounts across to our joint pot.

BUT that really is me just being extra fussy and I am still super happy with this development! Thank you!

12 Likes

Is there an easy way to move a Pot from a personal account to a Joint account? Dont really want to close my savings (with interest) pot just to recreate it in the Joint account.

1 Like

Since pots can now be owned by more than one person I can think of a quick solution that might work? :thinking:

That is listing your joint pots on your current account under a new tab or section perhaps? This way you can interact with them without having to switch between accounts, plus it should then allow for payment schedules too. I moved money from my personal to a joint account pot earlier and the amount of steps needed to perform this wasn’t ideal.

Not sure from a development perspective how simple it would be, but in theory it should make the whole thing easier?

3 Likes

Stoked! It’s awesome to see the features that we’ll be able to use once CASS is there for joint accounts. Loving it!

Amazing - thanks for hearing the need/want and putting it into action! Monzo for the win

Awesome! Thanks so much. Absolutely no rush, but do you know if IFTTT is on the cards at some point for Joint Accounts?

2 Likes

Thank you for this! :rocket: :hot_coral_heart:

Joint pots show up on ifttt, presumably if you move money into a joint pot it comes from your joint account???

2 Likes

I’d imagine so, as the pot is linked to the account, and you can’t pay directly into a pot from an external account (i.e. your personal Monzo account).

2 Likes

As someone who pretty much exclusively uses their joint account, I’m excited to see it getting closer to the sole account in terms of features.

But I’m equally as surprised to see how people are using “Pots” in general, and seemingly storing quite a bit of money in there (most of the time, not earning interest).

Until we can pay bills from Pots (and then I can see a real world use for them), I just can’t bring myself to use them.

I effectively use my Marcus account as one big joint account Pot.

5 Likes

We only use the joint account for direct debits, do they round up for pots in the same way as debit card transactions?

Not currently.