Joint account help

If they said they can’t offer you an account, that’s it really.

Open an account elsewhere and try again in a few months perhaps.

I have the same issue. Monzo is my main bank account, all the usual direct debits going out each month, salary paid in monthly, am a beta user, investor and plus account holder and they still can’t offer a joint account to my partner (who is just as dedicated a user) and I…

imo Monzo is most valuable when you fully immerse yourself into it’s functionality, so having to open a joint account at a different bank actually detracts from the value I get from my main current account. Please can someone from Monzo address this?

1 Like

Hi @zahirramcharan

I would reach out to our Customer Support team who are the only ones that can look at this for you and provide some information for you.

To clarify some of the previous comments, it isn’t a problem that needs fixing, it just comes down to eligibility and unfortunately you don’t meet the criteria for one reason or another, so best to just look elsewhere I’m afraid.

1 Like

There is an element of fixing required to the eligibility checker as right now it fails silently as outlined above.

Considering a seemingly common issue is folks running into this, perhaps allowing people to check eligibility for both before signing up if their intent is to get a joint account?

It doesn’t need fixing when it’s performing as intended.

It’s never going to reveal the reason for the refusal.

2 Likes

I was meaning that it was doing literally nothing and not telling you if you’d been refused either. Seems to have been patched since then.