Join account invite sent before confirming terms and conditions

Issue: While playing with “open joint account” my friend got a notification that I want to start joint account with them, but I did not confirm the terms & conditions yet. Even though I went through several screens of setup, I don’t think it’s a good idea to notify the other person before I accept the terms.

Details to reproduce:

1. Start the invite for other person to open joint account
  2. Continue through the screens till “I accept these terms” button
  3. See that the other person already got notification that you want to open joint account with them

Device: One Plus 7
App Version: 3.21.0

Screenshots:

I don’t think this is necessarily a bug, useful feedback for sure, but probably not a bug.

Also, I don’t think it’s necessarily wrong to send the notification before you have accepted the terms, since I would imagine that both members of a joint account need to agree to the terms. So why not let them both look at the terms at the same time?

EDIT: And welcome to the community :wave: :grin:

Agree. Depends on the workflow and expectations. I did not expect to be “done” at that point.

As a side note: I don’t want to finish opening this joint account, but I’m just stuck on “confirm terms & conditions” now without ability to cancel / decline. So there seems to be more room for improvement.

:wave: hello there Nathan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d have the same view you did - I wouldn’t expect that to start until I’d pressed the button.

1 Like