JAJA Discussion

Has anyone heard anything about the soon to be released JAJA Credit Card? I’ve never heard of this company until seeing the ad on Facebook.

They seem to have raised 7 million already and are looking at getting investment from the public.

This credit card looks to be a competitor to Tandem.

I’ve signed up on the waiting list,If you want to sign up, you can use my link

4 Likes

Looks interesting, might want to add your referral into the wiki:

1 Like

I actually pre-registered to invest through seedrs a few days ago.

1 Like

Me too. Now let’s see…

1 Like

10 Likes

Can I ask why you want to invest? I can’t see anything in their offering that’s particularly exciting?

1 Like

Sounds interesting. I’ve been looking for a more modern credit card and this looks like it should be better than tandem :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m trying to make sense of the UVP of this business.

1 Like

I don’t get why I’d want this credit card, can’t work out the selling point of it :thinking:

Apart from the shiny/holographic looking card … I don’t see the appeal! My Barclaycard credit card does all I want at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

The biggest turn off is the name (for me) but it’s hard to see what the distinction is other than the notifications etc. My credit card use is quite low at the moment, though, so I’m probably not the target audience.

1 Like

My Spanish friends write Jaja instead of haha in online messaging. I won’t be able to take this seriously :joy:

9 Likes

jarjar

2 Likes

A friendly chat based interface that allows you to simply scan your driving license …

No thanks.

Life is social and mobile. it´s your credit, share it with the people you care about.

I’m not exactly sure what this means? Do I get the option to share on Facebook when I buy a sofa with credit…?

4 Likes

I think you can add family/friends to your account and share your available credit with them going by the videos

2 Likes

Me never heard disa credit card company before disa thread. Me would besa wary of usen Facenbooken links to find mula products. Other members seem to suggesten daysa legit, me just no usen a credit card often enough to needen monzo liken features.

13 Likes

Looks interesting. In particular

• Uses VISA - so nice counterpart to using Monzo (Mastercard).
  • Real-time notifications & spending analytics
  • No FX Fees
  • Ability to freeze/unfreeze card

None of my existing credit cards have this combination of features.

But what I’d really like to see in a next generation credit card business is a sustainable model that’s not dependent on the financially naive wracking up massive bills and effectively subsidizing the financially savvy, who are generally financially better off. I wonder if JaJa are any better in this area than existing credit card providers?

9 Likes

I can’t see what the APR is etc?

18.9% across the board

Isn’t this the “Monzo” of credit cards? Haven’t people been asking for that?

Unless you are taking advantage of the points/cash back of a credit card, there is little point to them (outside of the section 75 protection etc).

But for those who are using a bog standard credit card (no benefits etc), this looks like a more up to date offering (like Monzo is an up to date offering over a high street bank).

11 Likes