It's a Monzo-ey Christmas 🎅

Let’s have a cool Christmas-themed Monzo thread :smiley::christmas_tree::santa::snowman_with_snow: We can talk about Christmas plans, all the presents we’ll buy with our hot coral cards :credit_card: and anything else that feels festive :joy:

I’ll kick us off with some ‘amazing’ :smirk: Christmas stylised Monzo photos that I’ve made :grin:

The classic “piggy in a hat” :joy:

Followed up by the Monzo logo wearing a hat, surrounded by snow :blush:

Christmas%20Monzo

(One with a flat design but I prefer the real hat :yum:)

Christmas%20Monzo%202

My challenge for everybody else is to make fun Monzo-ey Christmas-ey things :wink: Let’s get our creative sides out :tada:

Edit:

Discourse doesn’t like PNGs :stuck_out_tongue: So here’s a link for anybody who wants to view the originals :slight_smile:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2CJzcyywfeHZK4958

15 Likes

CHRISTMASLOGO

New App Icon anyone?

18 Likes

This needs to happen!

5 Likes

I :heart: the icon but the piggey in a hat is a true masterpiece :santa:

8 Likes

Very festive! :santa: :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

:heart::santa: :christmas_tree: :snowman::snowflake::deer::snowman_with_snow::heart:
Well I am thoroughly looking forward to this Christmas in particular! I will be re-united with my father, brother and the rest of that side of my family in the UK :uk: , who I have not seen since I was 9 years old :grin: It is going to be very emotional and very fantastic. :confetti_ball::tada:

And I will finally get my Monzo card from my Dad when I arrive in the UK, and get to use it for the first time :grin: And then very soon will be attending assessment and interview day :rocket::grinning:

So my Christmas wishes this year are all coming true so far :grinning::uk::rose::snowman_with_snow:

13 Likes

This definitely needs to happen!

I’ll be crucified for saying this but I’m actually buying my Christmas presents on my credit card and then just transferring money back to it from Monzo.

I’ve done it for years. Means I’m not out of pocket if and protected if something goes wrong.

1 Like

Could we have a feature where if we shake the phone with the app open it “snows” in the app :pray:?

Or would that be a step too far?

9 Likes

It exists! :grin:

Last year the Monzo app snowed when you shook the phone :wink:

I believe the code is still there - I bet the same will happen again this year :snowman_with_snow:

6 Likes

Oh well, in that case I shall expect it :grin::cloud_with_snow:

1 Like

I enjoyed it sooooo much

4 Likes

It did?! How did I miss that :o

I also missed this :sob:

Just finished creating a playlist based off “The Best Christmas Album in the World Ever!” CD.

There’s a few but they’re all missing a handful of songs, I only left one out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Figured I’d share it here for anybody who wanted a classic Christmas playlist (on Google Play Music) :santa::musical_note:

1 Like

1 Like

The play count next to the tracks… is that public or is that based on your listening alone? A lot of Slade has been played :joy:

1 Like

That’ll be your play count :joy::joy:

Though I’m sure that my Slade play count is quite high :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh no :man_facepalming:t3: ahaha

Just looked at my play count, 185 for “Merry Xmas Everybody” by Slade :joy::joy: and that’s only one version! :stuck_out_tongue: (15 on another)

2 Likes