Is vaping safer than smoking?

Is vaping bad for your health?

In general, it is better than smoking cigarettes even if you use e-liquid with nicotine, because nicotine is not the main health danger in cigarettes. If you want to try vaping, I recommend CCELL PALM, as I use it for about 6 months and completely satisfied with it. The battery is quite powerful (550mAh) which makes the device last longer. Find more info here https://gypsyvapes.com/ccell-palm-550mah-battery

1 Like

Without a doubt it’s safer than smoking, however the long term effects of vaping are still pretty unknown

1 Like

I did read somewhere its like 90% safer.

The only way i quit smoking was through a vaporiser, heavy chest, constant coughing and out of breath stopped instantly when I started vaping.

Probably a good place to start. I’ve avoided WebMD

2 Likes

Im still a cigarette smoker ive cut down from 20 a day to less than 5 nowdays though.

Vaping is still very unknown. A lot of studies are being done at the moment.
Personally I think vaping is ok if it is used as a means to quit the fags. It seems though that it becomes more of a substitute for them though. And it’s become cool to have a vape which is surly just making it replace smoking as a vice.

They’re a very useful method for quitting. Ideally someone wouldn’t just pickup vaping but then if it was a choice between someone choosing to start smoking or start vaping, I’d opt for vaping

1 Like

Yeah I just think when I was younger smoking was cool it seems now vaping is which is only going to become a problem down the line

Is it safer? Yes.

Is it safe? No.

6 Likes

As @simonb states, they are better but not safe. There is very little research into the potential harm and some countries and US states have started to ban them, ban the appealing aspect like flavours or ban them in public spaces like cigarettes.

How safe are e-cigarettes?

In the UK, e-cigarettes are tightly regulated for safety and quality.

They’re not completely risk free, but they carry a small fraction of the risk of cigarettes.

E-cigarettes do not produce tar or carbon monoxide, two of the most harmful elements in tobacco smoke.

The liquid and vapour contain some potentially harmful chemicals also found in cigarette smoke, but at much lower levels.

I’ve seen this, there are some countries where vaping is banned but smoking is still permitted. Seems crazy to me

Sounds like someone got paid off in those places.

3 Likes

Governments can make a fortune fro the tax on cigarettes where at the moment vape is not taxed.
I’m sure it soon will be in most places though.

And we are always quick to jump on the smoking is bad wagon, but we all accept booze as a perfectly fine thing to buy,

I can’t remember exactly but I recall smoking being a much bigger killer than alcohol. In fact I think it’s considered the biggest preventable cause of death. I think most people know neither of these are good for your health though

I suspect that it’s very complicated. Alcohol kills people directly by causing liver disease and cancers. It also kills many people indirectly, through obesity, drink driving, violence, bravado etc.

With smoking, apart from the obvious deaths through lung disease, there’s deaths from fires started by cigarettes, but I can’t think of many other ways smoking will kill someone.

I don’t really know which one causes the most deaths, but from from my work in the health service, I can say with some confidence that alcohol can be hugely destructive in many different ways.

1 Like

I’d say that alcohol is much more socially destructive than smoking is. It’s indirect affects are much bigger than smoking yet it is acceptable to have a drink in public.
Smoking is of cause very bad for you and quitting is the best option but drink can be very destructive, as well as having detrimental health affects. But it’s fine to openly sell it and advertise it to the masses.

2 Likes

True, I don’t know anyone that has lost their family or their home because of smoking. I’d rather be addicted to smoking than an alcoholic

1 Like

Only a short time ago, the NHS decreed that all secure mental hospitals should plan to be completely smoke-free by late 2017. No talk of vaping or e-cigarettes.

Since then they’ve incrementally relaxed that guidance to acknowledge the reality - that patients won’t give up and the best that can be expected is a move towards cessation via vaping.

As mentioned elsewhere here, though, vaping will be a route into smoking…:smirk:

Still a better position than 10 years ago before vaping. The overall trend for the number of smokers has and continues to falll

1 Like

Yep.

Trouble is, there’s more attraction around vaping with the advent of the device as a fashion statement :face_with_raised_eyebrow: