Is it lazy to get a cleaner?

It’s nothing to do with being lazy, it’s whether you feel it’s worthwhile to do or is it time that can be spent better doing something else.

• Why order online and get and get someone to bring your order. Go get it yourself.
  • Why buy food from the supermarket. Make everything from scratch.
  • Why use a carwash. Get your own equipment and do it yourself

The list is endless.

6 Likes

Just returned home, and the new cleaner has been extremely busy - genuinely never seen the place so spotless. It’s so much better than I expected.

Marks on tables that I thought were permanent stains have miraculously vanished. Carpets look brand new. She even cleaned the oven and inside of fridge. Whoever said cleaning isn’t a professional job, is totally incorrect.

Even my partner is impressed. Very glad you guys persuaded me.

14 Likes

Glad to hear!

The Kondo woman is right! Cleaning does spark joy!

4 Likes

Just in time for Valentine’s Day :wink:

Are you suggesting they become a throuple or-?

2 Likes

Not at all. Insinuating it’s a great gift for their partner. A very clean house :grinning:

3 Likes

This cleaner chat made me want to get a cleaner. Where do people find them? Checkatrade comes to mind, but I know quality is very much so-so.

I used an app initially - eMop. After I found one I liked, I just offered them the same in cash and took it offline. I think an agency is good to start as they do background checks and stuff. There are also often adverts with numbers on those boards in large Sainsbury’s.

I used Checkatrade. The one I picked had about 60 five star reviews (and no negatives), so couldn’t really go wrong. Asked for a quote, they rang within 5 minutes, and booked me in for 2 days time. I then received an invoice and payment link about 10 minutes after the cleaner left - all very simple.

1 Like