iPhone 13

Making a profit off it would not be possible - but it’s all about minimising the loss

1 Like

The IUP is pretty good because if your phone is worth more than you need to pay off, then Apple will give that to you. But if it’s worth less, then they just take the hit.

2 Likes

Hmmm, might be a good idea for me to be on the iUP - If I decide to keep the phone, and not upgrade, I believe you have to sign up again to iUP

I also did some calculations yesterday because someone said it would be a lot cheaper, turns out there’s only a £30 difference

"The 13 Pro Max 256GB is £63.45 a month on the upgrade program, VS £57 (with loss and theft through AppleCare+, which I don’t believe the upgrade program includes, just regular AppleCare+)

Works out about the same anyway

£69 + 20 months of £63.45 = £1338

£150 upfront (paying off bal of current phone) + £57 for 24 months is: £1,368.

So, yes, the iPhone upgrade plan would be slightly cheaper by £30"

Please tell me if my maths is wrong, lol, that’s what I’m currently doing, so that maths is for me specifically this year

But with the 2nd option - where you pay off the balance of the iPhone, you’re left with your current phone still - which you can sell? Unless the £150 is the difference between sale price of the phone & outstanding IUP credit?

You don’t have to IUP every year, you can keep the phone, proceed through 20 months of IUP payments, and keep the phone.

Sorry, I should have made that clear, Apple are taking my iPhone 12 Pro Max as a trade in for £540 (they use that to part pay off the balance), but I have to pay £150 upfront to pay off the rest of the balance of the Barclays Partner Finance and then I basically start from Square one as if I was only getting the phone

I had a price locked in for 21 days with Music Magpie but that relies on them receiving and processing it on Mon 27th which is unlikely, and the price has dropped a lot since, so now gone with a trade in at CPW which seems to give the most money, and valid for 14 days.

I used to use them when you could just wander into a store and get the money same day, though will need to post it now.

I think as long as they recieve it on that day, you’re fine.

Just out of interest, how much has the price changed?

Currently a 12 Pro Max 256GB is valued at £561.00

We seems to be scaring off @chistery

My quote was for £670 (iPhone 12 pro 256gb) and now £520. the T&Cs say they have to process it within 21 days so the quote was generated on Tue 7th, so even sending it special delivery, not sure if I should risk it or not.

CPW is £625 and now valid till Thu 30th, so less risky,

1 Like

Ah, that’s fair. How does the CPW trade-in work? I can’t even select the phone, I have to ‘register my interest’

Just post it off and get the money sent via BACS…

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/trade-in.html

1 Like

I have found Argos trade-in give the best rate via bank transfer! £4 more than Curry’s PC World and it’s not as a gift card.

This is what I found for my white iPhone 12 64GB. I’m getting the Sierra blue iPhone 13 Pro Max. Hope this helps others looking to beat Apples Trade in price (which is the least out of them all)

Currys: £490 (in-store credit)
Argos: £494
O2: £410.25
Carphone: £410
Vodafone: £410
EE: £390
Samsung: £380
MusicMagpie: £350
Apple: £340

1 Like

Don’t Carphone have a price match + £10 policy?

Argos will offer me £660 for the iPhone 12 Pro Max, 256GB. makes me re-consider my Apple Trade-in at £540, but then my AC+ with Loss and Theft go from £9.95 a month to £12 a month. I’d also have to buy the phone outright

1 Like

Perhaps that’s a use case for Curve Monzo Flex? :thinking:

2 Likes

If I get it in time, I’m preordering tomorrow

Get what in time?

Poll time!

Are you getting the iPhone 13?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Which version?

• 13 Mini
  • 13 Pro
  • 13 Pro Max

0 voters

What colour?

• Grey
  • Silver
  • Gold
  • Sierra Blue
  • Red
  • Pink
  • Blue

0 voters

What storage size?

0 voters

Just hopped on the Argos one, that’s a great price! Over £100 more than Apple!

2 Likes