[ios] Merchant/Payee filter causes app crash

(Graham - Mental health professional) #30

@HughWells

I’m able to reproduce that crash without fail. Just updated the app and reinstalled.

I’m using an Xr and IOS 12.1.1

(Dean C) #31

App crashes for me too when clicking same button. This is no longer a unique problem and should therefore be moved up the priority list. Apart from the app crashing this also means I can’t use the search features correctly.

IOS 12.1 (16B92)
iPhone 6S
Monzo 2.23.0

Sole & Joint Account Holder

Monzo 2.23.0 (test flight)
iPhone XR running iOS 12.1
I only have single account on Monzo but as soon as I use the icon picture to search merchants. The app crashes on me instantly with a black screen.

(Richard Bartlett) #33

Same issue here.

iOS app crashes when I attempt to filter transactions by ‘person’.

App: v2.23.0
iPhone X
iOS 12.1.1
Sole account only

100% repro rate

1. Launch app
  2. Select search icon in ‘Home’.
  3. Select filter by person icon.
  4. App immediately crashes.

@nickh you raised this a few months ago but suddenly there’s a bunch of us seeing the same behaviour. Did Monzo ever fix your original issue before this reoccurred?

(Graham - Mental health professional) #34

Hi @simonb

Not done this before, but given there’s a genuine fault in the search function, can we at least get this acknowledged and in the to-do list please?

(Simon B) #35

Noted and raising it now. Thanks :grinning:

iOS - App crashes when selecting merchant filter option

Pretty sure I had to do this a few times, but it did work in the end.

Not sure if someone did anything on Monzos side, but I’ve never had the problem again.

(Richard Bartlett) #37

Thanks @nickh.

I’ll just wait for a fix. Can’t stand reinstalling apps even though it’s simpler than writing posts!

(Scott) #38

I’m having same issue…

I have iPhone 8 :frowning:

(Micky) #39

I’m not sure where bugs get posted but when I try to use the search function on joint account using the highlighted button it crashes the app

(Richard Bartlett) #40

The issue still occurs on the bugfix build v2.25.0 on iPhone X and iPhone 6, both on iOS 12.1.1, both occuring 100% of the time.

(Graham - Mental health professional) #41

Yes - still there. iPhone Xr etc.

(Marc Easen) #42

Issue: App crashes while trying to search by contact

Details to reproduce: Open search, select contact icon, crash.
Device: iPhone x
App Version: 2.24.0 #479

Screenshots:

(Ray Singh) #43

I’m having exactly the same issue!

iOS 12.1
Apple iPhone XS Max
Monzo 2.25.0

I’m also having few other issue a like crashes when deleting a saved payee and sending payments using TW integration, both reported separately. it looks like the very latest update is super buggy

(Marc Easen) #44

Just updated to 2.25.0 and the app still crashes.

(Graham - Mental health professional) #45

Yep the problem persists.
@HughWells, does anyone have an update on the one please? May have missed it, but I’ve not seen the bug acknowledged so wondering if it’s on the radar.

(Jonathan Port) #46

In the main transaction view, when tapping search and tapping on the people filter (second item) on the filter bar above the keyboard, the app crashes. Doesn’t happen on my partners phone but on mine it does every time.

My phone: iPhone XS latest IOS
Partners phone: iPhone XS latest iOS

(Jordan Priestley) #47

Hey There,

Issue:
I’ve found I’m able to constantly reproduce an app crash when using the contact button on the search navbar (seen in screenshot). Attempted to delete and re-download the app.

Steps to reproduce:

• On Monzo Feed Screen
  • Choose Search
  • Tap Contact Button

Expected Result
Search is executed

Actual Result
App Crash

I also have the iOS App Crash Logs as appropriate, but can’t upload them to the post :slight_smile:

iOS 12.1.2
iPhone XS Max

(Only available in amateur ) #48

I was asking about this on slack this morning. There is a fix but with the App Store review team closing down for Christmas it might be January before we get it

(Jordan Priestley) #49

Good to know it’s being worked on at least, even if there’s no firm timeline! Thanks :slight_smile:!