✅ [iOS] App Slowdown & Lag

2.15.0 will fix the tab switching speed - there’s still a bit of lag the very first time you do it, after that it should be way faster - thanks for bearing with us. 2.15.0 is now on TestFlight.

2 Likes

Noticing significant improvements on feed with 2.15.0 - still got quite slow app launch speed though?

Any fix for the black loading screen on startup?

1 Like

Just tried 2.15.0, definitely a major improvement. :heart:

3 Likes

Still no more room for TestFlighters right? You’d be my 5th one alongside the iOS betas themselves, and I thought the build that’d resolve most of this was supposed to be landing this week which would be nice timing for my CASS finishing today.

Wow, I bet that is really frustrating :open_mouth:

Not seen anyone else complain of it being this bad, are you sure there isn’t any other factors that are causing this. Have you tried anything to fix it?

I reached out to Monzo chat. Took 3 days to respond.

They told me to delete and re-download the app, which worked initially to speed things up, (nowhere near as fast as the app used to be I might add) but then as the days went on it just got worse and worse, to the point that I had to stop using it altogether.

I’ve opened two accounts recently, a current account and the other a savings account. Trying to move money around from Monzo to these accounts is what broke the camels back for me, as it took me a whole day to get things done.

There’s not a single other app on my phone that is running slow or has any impact that I can think of on Monzo, my phone has worked as it always has done.

It takes a while to open, you get a black screen which lasts seconds and you have no idea if the app has crashed or not, then once you’re in the app, hit a tab, wait…it opens, try to scroll through pots is a nightmare, you swipe, nothing happens, you swipe more thinking nothing has happened and then it recognises the first swipe, but then you’ve done a second swipe so it shoots past which pot you wanted. Payments tab is the worst for me.

As you can tell from this essay, it’s been terrible

1 Like

What phone model are you using?

iPhone 6

Not just me this is happening to, there’s lots of others saying the same. It’s been acknowledged and will be rectified with an update next week.

I shall start using it again when these issues are ironed out. Have always found Monzo a breath of fresh air.

1 Like

I hear the latest Test Flight version is much quicker…

:crossed_fingers:

3 days to respond is never good enough. HSBC answer a phone call or live chat in seconds and reply to a secure mail next day at the latest. I know they have more staff, but it makes you wonder what the challengers are challenging?

1 Like

Try it again when iOS 12 comes out? There may be something screwy with your iOS current install but I’m not sure how you would reinstall whatever is already there.

The status quo?

I can’t defend these sort of support time waits, but it’s due to massive demand and the huge growth at Monzo. HSBC, by comparison, will have fairly static numbers so can better plan and respond to demand. And we know that Monzo are recruiting loads of new support folk at the moment - so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

1 Like

My app was also laggy and slow (iPhone X iOS 12). However on the latest TestFlight version it is all fixed.

2 Likes

Ive had a very similar experience on 11.4 on the iphone X :pensive: taking ages to load each tab.

It’s update day :tada::tada:

I will be checking the App Store every 30 seconds

Going to be doing all the tagging today

1 Like

There’s going to be a lot of app updates today as devs release updates to take advantage of iOS 12. Hopefully Monzo isn’t caught up in a queue.

3 Likes

image https://media.giphy.com/media/OPU6wzx8JrHna/giphy.gif

1 Like