iOS 15

7,129 unopened emails!? Yikes :joy: How do you tolerate that?

3 Likes

Mainly junk. As soon as you get to about 100 you sort of give up.

2 Likes

Oh that refresh button is really getting on my nerves. With a longer URL it’s ok as it sits close to the edge, but shorter URLs, like even YouTube, it’s slap bang in the middle of the address bar making it almost impossible to tap on and edit the address. And it constantly moving around means you can’t develop muscle memory.

I think they should do a refresh and a (…) button – the tabs are accessible through a swipe up now

3 Likes

If they permanently stick it next to the share button it would be fine. Moving around makes no sense.

Yeah, that is a known bug, can happen randomly - something to do with safari caching

iOS 15 legit about to kill apples reputation and fan base

It’s a beta it’s supposed to crash

Yes, but some of the stuff they have introduced in iOS 15 is pointless, clunky and just not Apple like.

A bit overly dramatic for this fine Monday morning, I think. Nothing in iOS 15 is a radical change, maybe apart from Safari. And that’ll be worked out, I’m sure

How do you define Apple-like things, and what isn’t Apple like in iOS 15?

2 Likes

At least you’re not being dramatic about it.

3 Likes

User experience can also be improved in BETA, that’s also what betas are for. Either way, somehow I think the Apple fanbase will survive.

Personally I am really looking forward to widgets and App Library on IPad. Finally my iPad can be as meticulously curated as my iPhone :smiley:

2 Likes

This is the one thing tempting to put beta software on my personal daily device. The lack of App Library is painful when I practically live in it on iPhone.

1 Like

Not on it myself but absolutely love the look of Shareplay features, as the only good alternative that meets my requirements at the moment is an app called Kast, which is paid and could really do with being improved. I also hope that services like Netflix will jump on board with Shareplay, or at the very least make their own experiences; but with Netflix trying to clamp down on people sharing memberships when they shouldn’t be, I’m not so convinced.

I think the notification summaries (or whatever they are actually called) will be very helpful for iPad owners as when you say switch your iPad off for a while and turn it on again you get absolutely bombarded with old notifications while everything syncs which I find a really annoying experience, hopefully this fixes that problem a little and we can just swipe away one summary instead of sixteen million different notifications xD

FaceTime coming to Windows and Android devices via the browser I think is gonna be a great thing for people that are inclined on being against Apple; as there’s not that many Apple experiences that can be experienced without an Apple device. So if they can make it a really good experience, then I think it could be a great ‘conversion’ point to get people buying more Apple products. Or maybe even get people to buy their first.

In terms of the new Apple Maps features, I’d love it if apps like Trainline would integrate Apple’s new public transport features, as the feature itself looks awesome and very useful; anything that makes public transport easier is always much appreciated! But seeing although Google maps is still the more popular option I can’t see them doing this.

Overall, I’m excited, but there’s nothing that really jumps out to me that’s like: I NEED TO HAVE THIS! But we’ll see what’s what very soon when it’s released!

1 Like

iOS 15 beta 4 has also been Jailbroken by the Pangu team, but I don’t think it’ll see the light of day - depends what Vuln being used I guess - This was achieved on an A12+ device which means PAC had been bypassed/mitigated, good stuff

Apple may patch whatever was used in the official release

iOS 15 may even persuade me to not be Jailbroken as it has some nice tracking features (while the phone is OFF/Ultra low power mode)

Of all the video calling options available on Android, using FaceTime in a browser is going be near the bottom of the list. Feels like a tick box feature at best.

If you’re all on Android, maybe.

But if there’s a group that’s all iOS, you’re going to use the browser or not be involved.

2 Likes

I have plenty of iOS only groups and we still all use WhatsApp. Maybe I’m an exception.

With messaging you’re probably not. I’m a big Apple fan and I use iMessage generally but for groups I’ve never used iMessage, only WhatsApp.

Apple can add great features to iMessage but they are too late to the game (in the UK) for this now.

2 Likes

This is possible but also personally, if my friends are not inclined to use apple products I feel it’d be pretty rude of me to set up a facetime call and force them to use it on a browser on Android or something rather than just set up a Zoom / Whatsapp / Skype group.

Also I’m kind of sceptical that using it in the browser won’t just drain people’s battery and bandwidth.

1 Like

WhatsApp requires a Facebook account, though, and it will be a cold day in hell before I sign my privacy away with them…