iOS 15

Public beta 4 is now out :eyes:

1 Like

Whoever thought to put the reload button exactly where I normally press to bring up the favourites/address bar deserves a flogging

4 Likes

I got rid of the ios15 beta when it came out on the first week because I didn’t like the performance. Is it worth giving it a try again?

I’ve been running the public beta since launch on my iPhone XS, and have had nearly no issues from day one, and similarly with the dev beta on my iPad Pro.

Couple re-springs on my iPad and the worst bug on iPhone is my spotlight search not returning apps as quickly as it used to - i.e. previously ‘spo’ would probably have been enough to bring up Spotify, but now I’m having to type out entire names before apps show up sometimes.

So I would say it has certainly improved with each release but I have not had much trouble anyway so perhaps not a very helpful viewpoint.

2 Likes

Thanks. I might give it another chance after the next public release. I will watch a YouTube video on the fixes and bugs breakdown

I find Firefox and Safari both crash a lot. And my phone is also now often stuck on Spotlight search when it should be locked.

Apart from that I’ve been happy.

1 Like

I really don’t like the thought of spotlight on the lock screen personally. Have they added a option to turn that off yet?

Or

Is there any plans to add a option to turn it off

There has been an option for years now. I can’t remember when it was added, but it’s been years since I disabled all access to spotlight, Siri, control centre, etc from Lock Screen

Interesting. Don’t remember disabling it previously but it’s never been an issue for me till now.

I think it’s the first option

1 Like

I don’t want to turn off today view I just don’t want swipe down for spotlight available on the lock screen. I see there is no option to turn it off

iOS 15 is still trash then. I’ll pass on the BETA for now

1 Like

I’ll be honest I have no idea what today view is. I can still see all my notifications (content hidden of course) when locked and as soon as I glance at my phone I can do whatever I want because it unlocks. I don’t think it’s trash

Today view is where you’d wipe to the right on the lock screen

What a stupid name for it from Apple. If I’m not mistaken it has nothing to do with today, it’s just another place for widgets to go. In any case, I go there so rarely (never) that I didn’t even think about it. Sadly it seems if you don’t want spotlight, you have to sacrifice today view too. If you were on the beta you could submit feedback which is the best way to let them know

1 Like

I did on day one. That was one of the reasons I wiped my phone and got a iOS 14 restore

I reverted back to iOS 14 as had to many problems with iOS 15 beta 4.

1 Like

Can you elaborate? I’ve been wondering whether to take the plunge now that I’m no longer using the HSBC app.

Totally agree. That refresh button is a failure.

I was living with wifi issue being intermittent but my keyboard was not working on certain keys fine now back to iOS 14.

Interesting crash that I am getting. Safari / BBC has never liked saying no to opening the bbc sport app (often opens the app anyway) but now it just crashes unless you quickly navigate to another website.

3 Likes