iOS 15

I agree with many of these points. Please submit feedback through the Feedback app. It’s the only way to get Apple to listen

2 Likes

I have done for each and every point @ndrw
I even made a screen recording of how bad safari handles scrolling on pages. The floating bar gets in the way all the time!

3 Likes

The more I use Safari, the more I think it should be burned with fire. The floating bar causes more headaches than it solves. I try to swipe up to go to the Home Screen? The floating bar has the exact same gesture built in so I might just end up on a tab view screen. Sometimes it refuses to swipe between pages. Other times it just sits awkwardly on top of website elements.

The focus things I don’t know about as I’m lucky enough to have a separate work phone so I don’t need to show/hide apps. Maybe when I need to commute again I’ll have a separate screen for that stuff though… but that’s in the future

2 Likes

Is this exclusive for AirPods Pro, or will it work with other headphones too, like spatial audio for Apple Music does?

I’m not sure actually. I haven’t got any non-Pros to try it with.

1 Like

Some changes coming to Safari:

Doesn’t address my main gripes with it, but it’s progress

2 Likes

I feel like I’m forever going to be in the “erm… the address bar is at the top not the bottom” group of people :grimacing:

1 Like

People need to grow bigger hands to adapt to larger phones, instead of forcing these annoying UI changes where everything gets shoved to the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

Or just provide an option? I tap to change web address far less than Apple seem to think. It’s never been a particular issue and I’ve never heard of anyone ever complaining about it.

1 Like

I think it’s not just about the web address, but also their fancy new swipe to change tab system which doesn’t really work for me. I never remember what’s on the next tab so always need to go into tab view anyway

1 Like

I’d like something truly innovative. Take URLs: their place is at the top of the screen. But, as a right hander, I’d like to swipe or pull out a drawer for the right hand side, then tap an address button, which lets me amend or enter a web address from whenever my finger is over the screen…

1 Like

Think I’ve said a similar thing in another thread but Opera’s FAB (fast action button) in their mobile apps is pretty great and kind of like this.

It disappears when scrolling down, reappears with a tiny scroll up, barely blocks anything on screen. You can then click it for new tab, or hold it and access: back; close tab; search/enter new URL; new tab; your three most recently used tabs; and sending to Flow (Opera’s cross device sharing thing) - all without tapping again or lifting your finger.

Really do think it’s some of the best mobile browser design.

1 Like

Firefox is super buggy on beta 3. Constant crashes.

I’d say it’s unusable but I still prefer it over Beta Safari!

So for the past few weeks I thought there was a really really annoying bug which kept enabling do not disturb on my device around 6pm every single night. I even reported it on the feedback app.

Finally figured it isn’t a bug and that my spare iPhone SE 1, signed into my iCloud account, that we use as a white noise speaker for the baby was the source of the problem.

“Focus” was shared across devices, so my wife would enable it when she put the baby down, which toggled it on my phone, I’d disable it, she enabled it, repeat a few times.

Feel pretty stupid right now :man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

So I turned the notification summary thing on out of curiosity. I now don’t get notifications that I find quite annoying and I have no idea how to turn summary off. Does anyone know?

1 Like

Thanks! How did I not spot it :woman_facepalming:

Tbf the search function in settings didn’t bring up anything either

1 Like

Has Safari always had a swipe down to refresh page gesture, or is it new? If new, it’s a great addition! (Except on infinitely scrolling pages like Discourse topics)

Edit: must be new as it doesn’t seem to work if you interacted with the page in any way after loading.

Hmmm I thought it did but you’ve made me question myself now.

Mine refreshes any time I go back to the top, even if I’ve interacted with the page.

1 Like

It’s new! As an application wide feature. Some web apps have already had that functionality, and chat apps tend to opt for a swipe up to refresh.