I had a play with the invoice feature which AIUI is still very much a WIP.
- Basic functionality is good. Emails look clean and professional.
- An option to include bank details in the invoice would be useful/otherwise set payment instructions.
- An option to (B)CC yourself in on the invoice or download a PDF would be useful. Currently it just gets sent to the client, as far as I can see.
- Description field isn’t actually included on the invoice email? Is this just for our own use?
- Keyboard occludes lower down text input fields when filling in e.g. customer email.
- Long descriptions break the layout on the main Invoices tab (i.e. rendered from
On a more technical note:
- It is obvious it isn’t native as soon as you start using it, it ‘feels’ like a WebView. Fair enough if you’re using a WebView for the MVP, but I hope the final product is native.
- It would be nice to expose everything under
internal-api.monzo.comvia the developer API. This would make it easier to e.g. retrieve info on invoices for accounting purposes.
I am curious as to the intended audience here. At present these invoices are too inflexible for me to use (clients tend to have their own requirements for invoices) but I could perhaps see some small B2C businesses using it to send out invoices on request.