Introducing the new Monzo Plus

That’s no longer available to new customers. I don’t think its fair to compare.
New customers can’t get a similar packaged account for that low a cost anywhere at the moment.

May be entirely free at the moment. But will likely have to start charging for something at some point.

If this is really that much better than IFTTT then I’m tempted to upgrade!

1 Like

Oops, I see this on my Nationwide credit card, too. Will fix.

(This thread is getting long. Time to split it up into a thread for each feature perhaps?)

14 Likes

Depends on what you mean by ‘easy.’

The minimum withdrawal is £500, and you must leave £500 remaining, but it can go to any bank account.

1 Like

https://help.clearscore.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005326689-How-do-you-make-money-

Neither is “free” - they cost you your data and privacy.

1 Like

Only if it means you have to personally manually split all 1625 comments into the appropriate topics :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Two questions: is the new card plastic? Is it just foil that gives the effect?

Does the credit score just show a score - or can it show the open and closed credit accounts that you can see on the Experian credit report?

Question;

If I sign up and don’t choose the Plus card (basically I just want to try the sheets integration), can I then opt for the card in a week or whatever?

I don’t want the card, change numbers, realise I’m okay with just IFTTT and then have to get another coral card.

1 Like

In short, Yes i believe so

Seems that’s how people want to avoid paying a fiver for the cancellation period

1 Like

logic would say press the lost my card option get shiney new plus card, go on you know you want to :slight_smile:

1 Like

The card is plastic, and you can just see your score.

It does give a summary. But no detail about open and closed accounts.

1 Like

yea, you can skip the option for a card, and then later request a new card + pick the new one.

1 Like

I’m not especially worried about the fiver, more the hassle of swapping and changing. I definitely want the card if I’m going to keep Plus!

4 Likes

Oh man, this is something I really want to have myself. Wish I could code lol

Honestly there is SO MUCH MORE you can do with this.

You can now basically use any combination of activity in your bank account to act as a trigger (albeit with a bit of Google Sheets jiggery pokery).

If I go to the Pub on a Monday - put £20 in a locked pot.

If it’s Payday move money around

If the transaction ID has “xyz” in it, then send myself a notification.

If the Emoji is a Burger then turn my Hue bulb to McDonalds Red.

If I spend more than a combined £50 in one day in “Eating Out” - send me an angry notification.

etc…

Plus, then all of the analytics it allows you to do, which is obviously a minor gain compared to messing around with Hue Bulbs.

7 Likes

Thanks @o99 , mentioned that in my post

I was just outlining dynamics in the market, and financial products that you really buy with upgrades.

Buying convenience like integration with spreadsheets or virtual cards as a product is somewhat contradicting with their initial ways of working. All digital banks were/are offering convenience for free, because highstreet banks are so bad at it. And what I don’t like, is making products out of “convenience” instead of making and selling better financial products. Hence was pointing out that other competitors are not monetizing the convenience yet, and still stick to the same model as when they all started, - free better technology, better user experience, better banking.

1 Like

It sure if this is any better than the previous launch. I can see some features which are good but there are some features which would’ve been good for example instead of offers I’d rather it provided a cash back feature.

Or have that as a base plus account but with additional cost such as £3-5 more per month get cash back feature, mobile insurance, better rates on overdraft, loans and eventually if they do mortgages and ISA fees.

1 Like

Okay, you’ve convinced me!

I’ll do it on Monday and then at least I’ll be getting paid to create my new spreadsheet :rofl:

If I spend at McDonalds then wait 9 minutes, turn on my Hue lamp, which will trigger my TV to come on.

SOLD!

3 Likes

So, some trivia: Nationwide return current account transactions in “reverse” order, so we flip them round before displaying them in the app. (We can’t sort them by time, because the transactions all have the time set to midnight, so that won’t wouldn’t fix the order of transactions on the same date.)

It turns out we applied this “reversing” to credit cards too, by mistake. (Most banks have separate tech stacks for credit cards and current accounts.)

I’ve fixed that now, so if you refresh they should be in the right order :+1:

31 Likes

And to expand on that point again, looking at my IFTTT export - for the month of June I have a total of 48 transactions in that sheet.

In the Monzo export, I have 124 transactions for the same period.

A lot of that in my case is pot movements, but I’m missing more than half the data with IFTTT

2 Likes