Introducing the new Monzo Plus

Yeah I guess it depends on what subs you are on and the types who respond. One guy who was negative for Monzo (quite brutally and nastily) had also been into the far right type subs regarding BLM etc so he was a special sort of character, he was doing everything he could to tear down monzo.

Reddit has a terrible reputation with all the people I know.

4 Likes

I’m also surprised with this. Feels like an obvious feature to me unless they’re planning to make it available to everyone. Monzo.me feels like it’s been kind of neglected of late though. Apple Pay and google pay haven’t worked for about a year now and there has been no update on when that functionality will be restored.

I would also love this. As far as I know, no one else consolidates all three, so it would be unique in that aspect. Unless of course there’s a reason no one else has done it that would prohibit monzo from doing it either? Having all 3 would provide deeper insight, and monzo could use some intelligence on the front end to combine all of the sources together to create a single score.

How long does it take roughly for the card to arrive? I live in north London and I ordered the card yesterday but have yet to receive anything in the post.

Some have had it today. That’s all we can say.

There has to be some limitation at the shipping end as to how many they can get out in a day so it could depend in part on the take up of the account.

Idea!

Do you think it would be possible now with this to get IFTTT/Sheets to automatically round on your direct debits?

Bills Pot Balance - £1000
Subscription - £8.26
Bills Pot Balance - £981.74

Take that 74p, and it would have to move to your main account, then to the coin jar afterwards?

3 Likes

Virgin Clydesdale Yorkshire would merge in to one in the months coming so maybe they wait till then to give one uniformed access instead using two systems which is at present

Tsb used to go with Lloyd’s Halifax bank of scotland on open banking but they use a different system now so isn’t on it now so both for me tsb and virgin is missing but liking this set up

1 Like

I wonder if you lot would like Rbs NatWest and Ulster Bank more if they did app similar layout to monzo cause that is kind of app that I like

Most definitely. I’ve personally never been involved in any of the finance subs. I mostly just lurk and browse the home page when I’m bored to pass time, which is usually where most of the good quality content and friendlier communities shine. I only really engage with a few gaming communities. My circle of friends are all kind of addicted to it :sweat_smile:

I’ve seen a few of those myself, usually in Apple related subreddits, but they’re usually a minority.

Anyway, back to discussing monzo plus…

This would be brilliant!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - July 20

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Given that this is now closed, it could be the time to move to different threads discussing different aspects of Plus now that the first flush of response was starting to wane?

Or re-open this.

I don’t mind either way.

5 Likes

Hey all, I’ve reopened the topic now. Let’s keep things focussed on Plus rather than each other.

If something needs our attention please just use the flags rather than calling each other out. Thank you!

4 Likes

Completely agree with this. No new user is going to trawl through the 1,700 posts in this thread. It’s time to move on to other (hopefully much smaller!) threads

2 Likes

I don’t like the “get monzo beta” button being permanently fixed where it is, i understand for a few days or a week to advertise it but after that can we have the little beta user titles back?:disappointed:

Where are you seeing this? I’ve still got mine.

4 Likes

Using the screenshot above as an example.

I don’t have the Monzo Plus badge like last time, or like the graphic that was teased prior to launch :thinking:

I think the graphic was just teasing the button placement for upgrading your account. I suppose a badge would be nice too.

1 Like

Maybe even a new category for Monzo plus discussions?

(Edit) not exclusive as others have previously requested, just to keep things tidy and maybe reduce confusion