Introducing the new Monzo Plus

Thanks. Yes, T&Cs clearly presented on second page.

In this case, I think there’s a problem with the first page. I didn’t press the “Choose Monzo Plus” button on the first page because I felt there was a possibility that would lead to an instant charge.

If the button said “next page” or something similar, it would have pressed it and found the T&Cs

1 Like

Where did you see that your card would be cancelled if you cancel? I can’t find that anywhere in the terms and conditions.

In the T&Cs, it says clearly that it will under cancellation:

Your cancellation will be immediate, meaning you’ll lose access to the benefits of Monzo Plus at the same time you choose to cancel. We’ll cancel your Monzo Plus card 14 days later and send you a replacement current account card as soon as you cancel.

Thanks, must’ve missed that. That’s interesting - does that mean that if the replacement card is lost in the post or you aren’t able to get it delivered, that you’d be stuck without a card for your account? That seems… harsh

Boo. Hoo. Those poor hypothetical people.

12 posts were split to a new topic: Monzo Plus Plastic Waste diversion

I reckon 14 days gives you enough time to try for three consecutive replacements.

2 Likes

You’d be entitled to a new one if you don’t receive it, as you are currently.

I reckon that depends where you are, which brings up another question. If you’re travelling when your Monzo plus term ends, do they send the replacement card to your international address? Do they charge you the international delivery fees for that? Or do they ship it to the address on file and leave you stranded (2 weeks later) without a card overseas?

You have contactless and pretty much any place that takes card takes contactless, except for ATM’s of course

…how do you think contactless works?

No one knows, I’d imagine it’d follow the standard rules for shipping a not-first-card. Ie, they’ll ship anywhere, and international fees are chargeable.

I don’t know why there are so many hypothetical questions.

2 Likes

Totally agree.

You don’t need a card, use NFC on your phone, most people call it “contactless”, it’s synonomus with both

Sorry - why is this a hypothetical question (is it just because it doesn’t apply to you?)? I’m thinking about signing up to test it out for the next 3 months (since I get the time-limited discount) and will likely be going back home a couple thousand miles away for a couple of months - I’d like to know how the replacement situation will work if I decide to not continue with Plus after that (which is likely).

personally if I was travelling the world and my Monzo plus term ends because I haven’t paid the £5 fee , Id just pay the £5 fee rather than be stranded without a working card

4 Likes

Right, that’s fair (and I’d likely do the same) - just wondering if that’s Monzo’s take as well: erring on the side of making money v/s erring on the side of the customer

Monzo isn’t forcing you to get plus , dont get plus, if you do get plus you are agreeing to the Terms of the contract , if you are then travelling and you dont pay the monthly sub the service stops, its your choice to stop the service, its not Monzo that have chosen to not pay, its not hypothetical , its not erring on the side of Monzo or the customer - you have agreed to the contract , you then rescind the contract by not paying the fee for the service but still expect the service :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

why not? it feels like it’s something Monzo could clarify pretty quickly (yes you can get it delivered internationally and pay the delivery fee or yes you can get it delivered internationally for free or no you can’t get it delivered, extend the term) - why is your recommendation to not ask and to simply not sign up?

1 Like

Monzo will not be covering the cost of international shipment of cards, and they haven’t for a long time. There is no reason that this would change if they have to ship you a replacement card abroad.

At your point of cancellation, you may be best reaching out to support to find out what their stance on it is.

1 Like