Introducing... The Monzo Business Card! šŸ’³

Iā€™m pleased to see it doesnā€™t have the name of a Halifax employee on it :rofl:

28 Likes

Whereā€™s words MasterCard on the card

Donā€™t need to display the word(mark) ā€˜mastercardā€™ any more according to their guidelines, just the two circles symbol.

https://brand.mastercard.com/brandcenter/mastercard-brand-mark.html

3 Likes

Hi, the card look really nice in grey and I also think a Matt black would be nice too, much better than my current bank card and it would definitely stand out in my wallet.

Will this new business card be contactless as annoyingly my current business account do not issue contactless cards and itā€™s frustrating ?

2 Likes

It wouldnā€™t. They currently have a factory configuration setup to print their cards. An embossing template, a cutting template, a label overlay (the latter is the ā€˜easiestā€™ to change). To change how that machine works costs money. It is not cheap. Big banks have had them for years and have a lot more capital to spend on this stuff than Monzo. Are any ā€˜smallā€™ banks offering two styles of cards that arenā€™t just the same base card with a different label on top??

Sorry to harp on, and Iā€™m genuinely not having a go at you, but this is a common theme in these forums, that things ā€˜arenā€™t expensiveā€™ when they are. Manufacturing cards is not cheap.

Iā€™ll stop now, as you say, donā€™t want to derail this discussion. Monzo Business card looks great, and Iā€™ll happily move mine over when itā€™s available.

It can be something that should help them sell business accounts.

Different coloured cards is oddly not standard for some banks between current and business accounts

1 Like

If a business chooses a business account because of the colour of the cards they use thenā€¦ well that would baffle me! Iā€™d be looking for rates, integrations, cost of transfers, features of the account itself first and foremost?

1 Like

I completely agree but is a small thing that along with other great offerings will hopefully make Monzo stand out

2 Likes

Even the small thing like a card can make something look better I hate how some banks think same card design for all cards saves time money effort so they can sting you more in return and with little things being covered Iā€™ll choose monzo over the big banks

Love it! Want it! Please give it to me!

1 Like

But what do you really think?? :joy:

1 Like

Want one, just need to be accepted into the business beta and I can move my business accounts over from Tide. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™ll be contactless, and support Apple Pay and Google Pay :blush:

5 Likes

Iā€™d love to see monzo go outside the box cause a standard bit of plastic doesnā€™t last it wears out if used too much Iā€™ve seen many cards where Iā€™ve had to replace cause the card peels the plastic wears down signature stop becomes unrecognisable and looks like a piece of trash now step in my lovely metal curve card itā€™s red but the quality on it is top notch and well it canā€™t bend the signature strip want fade away and the numbers are etched on the back so will never be hard to see

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention, the other main feature I need is Freeagent integration and Iā€™ll be changing over as soon as itā€™s available ?

1 Like

Fair point.

Hard to make out mind you, throw in some punctuation! I had to re-read the ā€œpiece of trash now step in my lovely metal curve cardā€ before I realised you hadnā€™t stood on your old card?! :joy:

Youā€™re welcome!

Weā€™re working on accountancy software integrations as we speak :blush: Weā€™d love to support FreeAgent - so weā€™ll let you know when we know a little more (but our plan is to support this!) :raised_hands:

5 Likes

This looks good. But Iā€™d prefer to have accountancy integrations with Xero right now than an optional card colour. Currently manually importing transactions weekly, would really appreciate some update on when we could expect to see integrations starting to filter through.

3 Likes

Love it!

Really hope you start letting more people sign up soon :grimacing:

Yes, lots of them do not use embossing. Starling, Tide, Revolut etc. I doubt the cost diff is extreme, but donā€™t know. Probably there would be no cost advantage for Monzo, but Iā€™m not sure costs are quite as directly transmitted as you think - depends on the pricing scheme of the manufacturer. In theory not having an embossing step would save quite a lot (one less machine) but in practice possibly none would be saved by Monzo as they are still common.

Anyway as you say letā€™s not derail the thread with details of manufacturing costs! The card looks really nice like this, I would just prefer it as it is pictured above, and with numbers on the back, not with the embossed numbers added on the front.

Re those talking about wasting time on cards, itā€™s not the same people working on design, and I think the designersā€™ work deserves to be celebrated too - it may not be as important to you but it is important, and saying cards are a waste of money or distraction implies it is not. The look of the cards has been a very important driver for Monzo as free publicity, and the same could happen if they have nice business cards that stand out.

2 Likes