Introducing Monzo Premium

I gave up my £15 Halifax Ultimate Reward account and moved to Monzo & upgraded to Monzo Plus. I looked at the Monzo Premium, but the truth is, I was paying £15 at Halifax, and got more for the same money. So to me it wasn’t worth upgrading. The Ultimate Reward account offered Travel and mobile phone insurance and basic AA breakdown cover. It also had lots of little offers that renewed each month. The Travel Insurance I wasn’t interested with but the phone insurance & breakdown cover were excellent. So paying the Monzo Premium didn’t have the same appeal to me.

However I changed to Monzo because this format is the future of banking and I believe in it.

The premium account could be better in terms of its offerings. You could also create a Monzo “Green” account that partnership’s with another agency in providing a wooden debit card (there is a company bringing them out), that also pledges to plant trees to counteract carbon emissions. There are infinite possibilities with Monzo.

4 Likes

It has been mentioned in the Card Design Thread but Premium Users should have the choice of the Metal Card or choose a Frosted White Plastic Card or Grey/Silver for free as well as Hot Coral :relieved:

I really like this idea but not in the format of a seperate account. Maybe any account level gets to choose a wooden replacement card in the future and if comes with a small optional fee (£1/£2 up to any amount) and that money goes towards planting a tree or two

3 Likes

Yeah, nice idea!

I would certainly be fine with paying £1 for a wooden card knowing a tree has been planted

1 Like

Now when you say frosted white. Are we talking blurred translucency here, because I would absolutely be down with that.

3 Likes

Transparent like the Amex card or if you remember Loot. A bit like that but white

1 Like

I was thinking more along the lines of the UI elements on iOS. They’re like a frosted translucent colour, so while not entirely see-through like AMEX and N26, there is some translucency.

Here’s a screenshot of the dock to demonstrate:

I need someone to make a card like this now!

1 Like

I like that idea better. Does anyone have good Illustrator skills :sweat_smile:. We need a mock-up

Let’s take this conversation over to

1 Like

Did a bit of Googling, found a mock-up of a card like this on dribble:

2 Likes

Please no! I think it was the N26 card you posted a picture of that was like this and it looks terrible!

2 Likes

N26 is transparent, I’m thinking of something more translucent. If the N26 card is a glass bottle, I’m imagining something more like a milk bottle.

2 Likes

That’s a really bad thing to base your choices of insurance on.

6 Likes

please feel free to correct me but in short you’ve opted to pay more money for less stuff on the basis that a unicorn is the future.

11 Likes

? No, what makes you think that :thinking:?

1 Like

Sounded to me like they’re paying for plus, not premium. Just that as a whole they prefer a platform like Monzo’s to that of Halifax, and I’m inclined to be in agreement with them.

2 Likes

I can see why some would be drawn to Monzo Premium.
As packaged accounts go, it’s not actually a bad deal, far better than some of the offerings.
Plus, as as been said on here in numerous threads, a lot of Monzo customers just like all their finances in one place for convenience, even if it costs a little more.

I’m guilty of it myself with Nationwide, albeit slightly different
Standard FlexAccount for the day to day banking donkey work
FlexPlus just for the packaged insurance. (it’s funded with just enough to cover the monthly fee)
Yes, I could upgrade the FlexAccount to tidy things up, but I’m probably just too lazy :rofl:

2 Likes