Introducing Monzo Flex โ€“ a better way to pay later ๐Ÿš€

Finally got my invite and approval since I requested to apply on launch day.

Smooth process, surprisingly arenโ€™t eligible for a loan or overdraft but am for Flex.

Had to add card by card details to Apple Pay due to being TestFlight.

Hopefully find a ps5 online and can treat myself and flex for days.

Edit: I was also offered overdraft for the same amount, good times.

9 Likes

Saw an advert for Flex today on the Monzo Insta so I suspect the full roll out is imminent.

Thanks you monzo because I got invite yesterday and I absolutely love it

Thanks you :blush:

1 Like

Same as me, except that I am eligible for overdraft, but not for Flex for some reason.

Fingers crossed the role out speeds upโ€ฆ feel like I have been waiting ages to be invited.

Just got invited, wasnโ€™t eligible :yum:.

โ€œDear Lord, what a sad little life, existing flex users. You ruined my night, completely, so you could have flexible money, but I hope now you spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum spread into 3 equal payments because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.โ€

All in jest of course :rofl::rofl: I look forward to the day Iโ€™m eligible. Just glad I finally got my outcome haha.

7 Likes

I understood that reference.

4 Likes

So what is the period we get to change a payment from the default 12 months to what we want it to be? I canโ€™t seem to find this in the credit agreement.

If Iโ€™ve understood correctlyโ€ฆ

You have 24 hours to select the plan before it defaults to 12 months.

And literally any time after you can change your instalment plan to whatever you want.

Itโ€™s the end of the next day. So if you make a transaction today (23rd November) at any time of the day itโ€™ll be at 00:00:01 on the 25th November.

2 Likes

Which time zone?

Pretty sure Monzo work on UTC?

1 Like

Would there be a need for a UK bank to work on a different timezone?

2 Likes

In the summer months, yes.

Or rather, if they are adamant in sticking to a single time zone year round UTC+1(BST) would be the better one to use in my view. And alter their processing times to accommodate.

I think most of those in favour of wanting to abolish the tradition of changing the clocks twice a year (I am one of these) would rather BST be the one we keep (Iโ€™m indifferent).

4 Likes

As long as we rename it GMT. There is something nostalgic about calling it Greenwich Mean Time.

I know, silly old bugger! R-

9 Likes

I need a refund in store for an item I bought with Flex, is this straightforward?

Update on this earlier post. Over the weekend that ยฃ55 cash advance became a ยฃ139 cash advance as the merchant has now refunded the duplicate transaction, but the ยฃ55 Flex balance hasnโ€™t automatically settled and Monzoโ€™s ยฃ88 chargeback refund is still in my account too.

I sent a message via chat about this on Saturday and I still havenโ€™t heard back. I know I can fix the Flex bit myself, but I figured it would be useful for the team to see whatโ€™s happened so they can make the process better for others in the future.

3 Likes

None of us can speak for whatever retailer it is to be fair. When they need a card to refund an item, just hand over your usual Monzo card and see what happens. Generally a shop assistant isnโ€™t going to check the card matches, they just ask you to input it into the reader so they can send the money back.

Not sure how Flex handles a refund though when done through a shop. Iโ€™d suspect youโ€™d have to contact chat and let them do something to remove it from Flex once the refund is confirmed in the feed.

1 Like

Donโ€™t you pose risk of missed payment to your credit file for non payment if youโ€™re depending on Monzo or whoever to fix something neither is holding their hands up to?

Surely it makes sense to settle any outstanding amounts from a stubbornness point of view considering you say you have the funds to do so, and then wait for this to be resolved naturally?

Okay fair enough, will report back :grinning: