Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

Keen to see how this is implemented. Can see a lot of edge cases with the £30 limit (active card checks, authorisation holds that settle at less than £30…)

2 Likes

On a separate topic, something that I think needs to be iterated on: on the accounts screen you can see the total amount in your Monzo accounts and pots. That was really useful to be in making sure that I can get the maximum amount of interest from being ab paid customer. But now it takes off the amount I owe in Flex.

Both figures are useful, but I think this is a retrograde step. :pensive:

1 Like

Which I suppose is technically correct, but then I could remove all my money, which is more than that total says.

I’d prefer it to ignore that figure I think.

Hi I asked for early access I still don’t have an invitation.

You’ll have to wait until an invite comes through, that’s when they get back to inviting more people.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Ordog in the Media

Is there any plan to add a “Pay Nothing Now, Pay in Full Later” option like Klarna has? I was hoping Flex could mean I didn’t need to use Klarna. I use the Pay in 30 days option often for stuff like clothes where there’s a good chance I’ll be sending some stuff back.

I guess the very least I can pay 1/3rd now and then pay the rest off at a later date, but unsure how that works with returns. It’s handy that Klarna just updates the balance once a refund is processed (they even extend the payment deadline to cover the processing time)

Sorry if this has already been covered… hard to know what to search for!

2 Likes

My first Flex payment went out a couple of days ago and it was a smooth experience.

I like how the single payment is broken down with all the individual categories to make Trends show the right amounts.

Extra payments are also super easy to make!

Will definitely be using Flex in the future.

1 Like

@tommyturtle We’re writing up some guidance on returns so will post a link to it in reply to this post when ready :soon:

3 Likes

What time is the Virtual Card launching tomorrow? :eyes:

1 Like

How do you know it’s tomorrow?

Just cos:

• Flex card tomorrow
  • Flex card later this week
  • Flex card :soon: after

0 voters

And what time?:

• Before 8am
  • 8-8:59am
  • 9-9:59am
  • 10-10:59
  • 1100 to 1359
  • After 2pm

0 voters

Where’s the @Dan5 emoji when you need it!?

#stafftesting :eyes:

27 Likes

Looks pretty

2 Likes

:eyes:

:hot_coral_heart:

:monzocard:

(I’m still not sure about the fake embossing on the Premium logotype though)

6 Likes

Was just about to highlight this. The premium flex card just doesn’t feel right to me. In addition to this, it’s the virtual card bit blending into the ribbon

1 Like

I’ve voted for later this week. It feels wildly optimistic.

4 days ago, someone messaged saying “3 soons”, and @adamlittle said fewer soons 1 day ago, today is a new day.

Making me think tomorrow …… or Thursday.

5 Likes

It’s a fake card so why not fake embossing?

6 Likes