Introduce yourself 👋

Welcome @titta91 :wave:

You’ve certainly got a strong emoji game :muscle: so you’ll fit right in! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :monzopride:

1 Like

Thanks, Pete G and Coral crew!

Looking forward to learn emojis from the best in town :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

:two_men_holding_hands:

Hey folks! :wave:

I’m Chris but most people call me Tunny. I’m 26 and work as a software engineer for an IT consulting company.

I joined Monzo a few weeks back but have known about it for a few months. I’m currently using it as my spending account but am tempted to take the leap and go full Monzo soon. The main reason for me joining Monzo was just how easy and convenient everything is, it’s truly a new and better way of banking.

Anyway… I’ve been lurking for a week or so on here so thought I’d go ahead and make my first post.

See you around! :smile:

7 Likes

. malc%202015%20-2-%20png

Artist.
Journalist.
Web/Social Media esign and content consultant

https://twitter.com/MalcDow

1 Like

How Can I open a MasterCard with you…

Yes ,as long as you’re 16 or over and have a UK address for the card to be delivered. Simply download the app from the App Store to get started.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hi, I have just joined. I just want to know whether Monzo will show me exactly where I spend my money. Will it break down which shops I spend my money in or just the categories. For example, will it show me how much I spend in Amazon, Waitrose and Tesco per month?

yes - tap on the transaction and scroll down the screen and it will show you how much you spend in that shop in total and an average spend - which is kind of frightening when its a pub :slight_smile: - use the search function and it will get you to an itemised how much you spent this week /month, year in a particular shop / category etc

1 Like

Thank you. I have been asking First Direct for this facility for years. I am so pleased to be able to track my spending as I used to write it all down in my Filofax back in the day!

3 Likes

Are you on an iOS or android device? The search is much better on iOS

Hi all, newbie here, I’m self employed as an Actor and need to run a separate bank account to keep my business expenses separate from my everyday - I’m hoping Monzo will give me some good insights on where I’m spending my money - and help me when it comes to submitting that pesky tax return each year so the I don’t have to rummage through thousands of receipts…

Just signed up to the Business account beta - on the way any time soon?

3 Likes

Hi :wave:

There’s a batch of people testing business accounts at the moment, I don’t know if they plan on adding more to the test group but it’ll be a few months til it’s more widely available from what’s been said

Thanks Emma - I’m swaying as to whether or not to make the switch using the personal account straight away - but have been told that in order to protect my personal accounts from being pored over by the HMRC I need to have specific business accounts.

Not that there’s anything dodgy going on in my personal bank accounts!:joy::open_mouth:

1 Like

Seperate account stops a lot of problems with the Tax people :grin:

There are companies such as coconut or tide you could use in the meantime for your business account. Or even starling. If you have a search of the forum here you’ll find plenty of recommendations

1 Like

Hi - I’ve just joined the Monzo Community, but have had a Monzo account for around a year.

I joined after my friend told me all about it, and after reading up on the benefits that come with using Monzo overseas, I decided to apply (I was fed up with being charged by my bank for transactions made whilst out of the UK). Unfortunately for both me and my friend, though, I didn’t realise that there was a referral scheme…

I work as a full-time Civil Servant. I’m only in my early 20s, so I enjoy going on city breaks to sight-see and take photos, and travelling around the country to see the bands I like in concert.

Despite now having a mostly customer service-based job, I have quite a digital background. I previously worked for a small software company, so I am enjoying being part of a growing, mobile bank. I look forward to see what other changes are added to Monzo in the future. :blush:

I have recently started using the Monzo Pots feature in order to start saving more money, and I am liking the integration with the IFTTT tool. I am excited to learn more ways of saving money through the Monzo Community. :pig::moneybag:

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Matilda, I’m a COp at Monzo working on the phones :call_me_hand:

I started at Monzo back in October but this is my first post on the community forum! Excited to jump in and have more of an explore :mag:

11 Likes

Hey :wave: … I’m Dave … I work for a mobile tech company doing all things techie …
Seems to be a good community feel here so wanted to stop by and say Hello …

8 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Phu :wave:

I’ve recently joined the Product Design team at Monzo but I’ve also been a long-time Monzo fan (I joined back in September 2016 during the beta days and been getting all my friends and family on it since :smile:).

Really excited to be part of the team and the community here! :raised_hands:

9 Likes