Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Hi all,

Just used CASS to move from my FlexBasic (Nationwide) to Monzo at the end of January.

Loving it so far. The clarity of seeing where my money has gone immediately is great, no more vague pending transactions listed only as ā€œVisa Debit transactionā€.

Not quite full Monzo yet, I still have another account remaining with Nationwide, but maybe in the future.

Already used IFTTT to join The Penny Saving Challenge. As well as saving money when I run with Strava.

I think Monzo is really going to help me get my finances under control.

6 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Iā€™m Jon and live in East Yorkshire. Iā€™m an original Mondo Beta user and a huge fan of what you are doing with Monzo.

I founded the tech community up here in Hull, ran a meetup group with over 165 meetups and 1200 members, ran three conferences and also co-founded the innovation / co-working space in the city.

Iā€™ve run by own business for over ten years consulting around marketing and technology. I am a cyclist, runner, and love traveling. I also host a podcast called the Remarkable Business Show >> www.remarkable.fm (neglected it completely last year - more episodes coming soon!).

Nice to be here :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

Jon

PS Iā€™m also a big coffee enthusiast and home barista :coffee:

4 Likes

:wave:

Hola!

I began using Monzo back in 2015 when it was called Mondo & issued Beta cards :grin:

I am a huge fan of the work you are doing to build a better bank for people all over the world :clap:

I will be starting a new role @Flux as a Business Analyst and look forward to working together to disrupt traditional financial services - putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do.

I wanted to join this community to understand more about Monzoā€™s direction & learn from the best at creating a unique user experience.

This intro seems like a good first step :man_technologist:

You can find me on Linkedin here where Iā€™m usually the most active: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacob-a-wood/

Viva la FinTech revolution :facepunch:

8 Likes

What a breath of fresh air Monzo has been. Only had my account for a couple of weeks (and a joint one with my partner) but Iā€™m already raving about it to friends and family.

Iā€™m a bit of a geek/Apple fanboy, so all the little design touches really do make things so much more fun to use.

I actually work for a bank (no names) as a Business Analyst, so appreciate the effort that has gone into Monzo so far, and the myriad of restrictions and legislation that needs to be accomodated.

Other than that, youā€™ll find me out and about walking round Glasgow, or up a hill somewhere when time allows. If not, Iā€™m at home dabbling with websites, reading books, and walking our two little Staffies.

4 Likes

Hi I am newbie here just getting to know my way around
First I am in the construction game . I am always looking for technology that will make life easier so the less time spent in the office the better .
I use receipt bank for invoice recognition linked with Xero accounts .
I really like Monzo for the real time notifications now where you are straight away.
I would like to have a business Monzo that does the same
I Would love to develop a real time accounting system
Cheers Dave

3 Likes

Welcome aboard. What do you do in construction?

Hi there, Iā€™m Chris and Iā€™m a human being living on planet earth. I have to use money to buy and do stuff which Monzo is facilitating. Iā€™m on this forum because I have a suggestion which I will post in the relevant section.
Speak soon you cheeky Monzeez

3 Likes

Weā€™re gonna need proof of that. We are very tightly regulated around here! :wink:

Ask me something about this planet that only someone from this planet would know about this planet. But not about plants, I know nothing about plants. :wink:

2 Likes

Retired engineer. Just wish this type of Banking had been available years ago. Been with Santander for as long as I can remember but Monzo has impressed the hell out if me. My Santander 123 acct offers interest otherwise I would ditch the lot in favour of Monzo.

2 Likes

General construction extentions, new builds , oak frames

1 Like

Nice.

Iā€™ve design timber trussed roofs, no doubt youā€™ve seen a few of them!

Do you know when the next investment will be ?

Might not be another. Nothing announced as of yet!

Hi, im Dee, introduced by my daughter who is a bonafidi Monzonite. Looking forward to creating better financial health

7 Likes

Hi Richard, I am Aaron, I have been with monzo now since September 18.
And I have been looking for an account like this for years, I was introduced by a friend and I am just about to do all my banking with monzo, the account is fantastic and the add ons are brilliant, you guys could not have brought a better of banking to the financial table.
I am a hard working and busy family man who likes the outdoors especially with the kids, other hobbies are baking, drawing and design and photography

5 Likes

Hi :wave:

Iā€™m Najma, part of the Calls team. Iā€™ve been at Monzo for just over 3 months so Iā€™m practically part of the furniture now :smiley:

8 Likes

Hey all, Iā€™m Herbie, a COp here at the London Monzo office :wave:

Iā€™ve been working here for a little under three months now and want to engage more with the awesome Monzo community :rocket:

9 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Unrecognised Transaction

:wave:
Hi all
Iā€™m Leanne and Iā€™ve been watching Monzo for about a year but Iā€™ve finally taken the plunge to join the community. Iā€™m excited for my card to arrive :clap:

I work with the local council of my area helping people who need it and I volunteer for the local Cats Protection Branch which made me realise having three cats does not qualify me as a crazy cat lady but Iā€™m not far off haha!

I have opened a joint account here aswell with my other half and was wondering peopleā€™s thoughts on the switch service as we have a joint account already but he is unsure about doing the full switch, any thoughts welcome.

Thanks!

6 Likes