Introduce yourself 👋

3 posts were split to a new topic: Which camera to use in the mountains?

Hi, I’m Chris. Im a retired aircraft engineer and my last job was as a quality inspector.

I joined Monzo about a month ago and so far I’m very pleased with the bank.

Hopefully I can learn from the community and get answers to any questions I might have.

Regards Chris

8 Likes

Hey Chris, welcome! Great to have you here :tada:

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Martha. I work as a UX/UI designer in London. I became a client of Monzo a few months ago, and I’m very pleased with the customer service of the bank. Glad to join this forum.

7 Likes

Hello! My name is Steve and I’m a Marketing student at the University of Plymouth. I did an internship in banking over the summer and I’m writing my dissertation on Tech-based service quality in banking.
I hope this is the right place to do it, but if you’d like to help me out and take my short survey that would be fantastic. If you’re aged 18-25 and have 5 mins to spare, I would really appreciate it, thank you! I also love Monzo!!

https://plymouthbusiness.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bpX2zY9KQP5GTWZ

2 Likes

Oh no. I’m out of the age gaps for stuff :frowning:

3 Likes

Hahaha I answered the first question and it basically said “thanks, but no thanks” :sob::+1:

2 Likes

Hi there. I’m George. Details at http://LinkedIn.com/in/GeorgeChiesa

2 Likes

Hi My Names Andy I live in Southport. I opened a Monza account just a couple of weeks ago. I friend told me about the no charges for foreign transactions & I liked the set up of the app & bank. To be honest ive just started transferring the odd pence amounts from my Other current account to try Monza out & already I’ve save about £42 in shrapnel change. I’m looking forward at some point to using the card & would at some point like to invest in the bank in the next possible Crowdfunding??? I’m a Liverpool fan & enjoying the footie at present. Looks like the future is bright for Monza

4 Likes

Hi I’m elliot and I’m hoping to use monzo to increase my financial control.

3 Likes

:wave: Hi! I’ve been with Monzo since the beta. Recently introduced my wife to Monzo before she went abroad and now we’re looking at going #FullMonzo over the next couple of weeks!

3 Likes

Just completed your survey pal! Hope the diss goes well and good luck!

1 Like

Hi hi! I’m JJ. I’m a Londoner but I’ve moved progressively further north and I’m now settled in Glasgow where I work in the NewSpace industry as a software engineer. Programming for me is part hobby part career, and I like to get involved in coding dojos, hackathons, and game jams. I’m also a major foodie, and I’m quite biased towards South-West & Central Chinese food (half of my family is based in Guizhou).

4 Likes

I’m Dan, I have signed up for a Monzo account to see how it compares with the competition.

4 Likes

Welcome Dan! Let us know your findings…

Hey I’m Jake,

I’m a COp based in our Cardiff office :sheep:

I’ve been with Monzo for the past few months and I’m really excited to get to know all of you lovely people in the community :rocket:

9 Likes

Hi Everyone :wave:

My name is Louis and I’ve had the privilege of working for Monzo since August 2018! I’m based in the Cardiff office and have absolutely loved my time here so far!

I’m currently in the London Head Office getting to know more of the team and besides being a bit star struck - I’ve loved my time here and I’ve been spoilt rotten!

I’m married to my lovely wife Tash and I love a bit of football, not so much watching these days - I’m more into playing but my dodgy knee k̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶C̶u̶p̶ restricts my playing time :disappointed:

I have just recently started an Instagram page tracking my workouts under the guise, The Gainsville Don - my aim is to inspire and help everyday people get into fitness and de-mystify going to the gym and getting fit. I’ve not been too active the last day or so as I’m in The Big Smoke but The Gainsville Don will be back with a vengeance on the weekend - give me a lil’ follow if this sparks your interest :raised_hands:

I’m excited to get chatting to all you great people in the Community and if you want to shout me a holla, please feel free :blush:

7 Likes

Hello all! I’m Gavin, I live in Cardiff and discovered :monzo: when I heard they were setting up an office in my fair city.

:monzo: has made me excited about money and budgeting for the first time in a very long time and I’m looking forward to seeing how this new bank develops in the future.

2 Likes

Hey there folks.

I’ve been with Monzo since June 2017, but I’ve taken my sweet time getting on here!

I guess the recent post about ‘what we’ll build in 2019’ galvanised me to get on here and start getting more involved.
Looking forward to exporting my finances into a CSV file for some hot spreadsheet action; plus I’m really keen to see what Monzo might be able to do for mortgages.

Hope you’re all having a good day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

IFTTT can export to a spreadsheet on the fly.

You might like that…

Oh and welcome aboard!

1 Like