Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Love Monzo, love my wife, love my daughterā€™s new puppy.

I am over 70 so I have every right to be a miserable and disagreeable and with all this wonderful new technology, I wonder why so many large companies have appalling customer service.

Monzo is just great on customer service.

I wish Monzo could also supply my electricity and gas.

11 Likes

Welcome !! Great post

Maybe not supply it, but soon theyā€™ll be able to help you switch suppliers to better rates from within the app and a few clicks!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Steve - Iā€™m Senior User Experience Designer at Ordnance Survey, Britainā€™s national mapping agency. I am constantly in awe at the design, commitment to customers, honesty, and transparency at Monzo.

Just read thisā€¦

ā€¦and felt compelled to register and say Iā€™ve been there, had the ā€˜balance of technical debtā€™ argument but didnā€™t win it :frowning: Well done for spotting the issue, being honest about it, and telling us how you came to fix the dev process.

11 Likes

Hi everyone
My nameā€™s Aiden. Iā€™ve recently become a full Monzo user, I switched banks a couple of weeks ago & am loving the ā€œHumanityā€, ā€œAuthenticityā€ & ā€œClarityā€ that Monzo brings to banking. xxx

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Sachin :wave:. Software developer living and working in Bath. Iā€™ve been using Monzo since it was in beta but only just signed up to the community forum. I can be a bit of lurker but hoping to be active in the forum. I recently moved my current account to Monzo and loving it. I love playing games (video and board), tinkering, reading (mostly fantasy or sci-fi), buying gadgets (too many tbh).

6 Likes

Hello all. Welcome and enjoy. Itā€™s a great community

1 Like

Hi there just introducing myselfā€¦ Ayo is my name and Iā€™m a fairly standard user of Monzo. Itā€™s not my main account yet but I end up sending my salary over anywayā€¦ lol.

I came on here to see if there was a way to find out your friendā€™s (contacts with Monzo accounts) bank details. Iā€™m struggling to set up a standing order. Surely there must be an easy way without asking but I canā€™t seem to find it!

5 Likes

Hey, just moved all my direct debits across finally to get the full monzo experience :slight_smile:

A bit controversial, Iā€™m the manager of a data science team in one of the big 6 UK banks. Love the pace here and excited to see where you guys take it.

My hobbies are bodybuilding and motor racing. I dislike politics!

9 Likes

Hiya, just introducing myself! New user of Monzo, currently wondering whether to go full monzo, donā€™t know whats stopping me ah! :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome. The answer is, nothing is stopping you! :rofl: I recently went full monzo and it all went super smoothly. No regrets!

6 Likes

Hey all :slight_smile:

Been with Monzo since the days of Mondo :joy:

Gradually been moving over everything to Monzo and think itā€™s a great and intuitive banking system.

My main reason for joining is purely to get a slice of that tasty investment cake. So hopefully I can find someone nice enough to sell!

Jacob

4 Likes

Welcome everyone! Hope you enjoy being part of the community, donā€™t be shy :slightly_smiling_face::mondo:

Itā€™s great to hear about more people using monzo as their main account.

You can often find ongoing discussions using the :mag: icon in the top right.
Otherwise feel free to create a new topic :+1:t3:

Hi!

Iā€™m an investor and have been using Monzo since the beginning. Iā€™ve only just joined the community as up til now I was happy just being a silent user. Iā€™ve almost completely jumped over to using monzo 100% but I canā€™t currently get an overdraft with Monzo for some reason so for the moment Iā€™m a little hesitant of closing down my other accounts.

Anyway - nice to be here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stupid question, but have you contacted the team in the app? I did this and they were able to resolve the issue for me so that I am now able to have an overdraft.

PS - nice to have you here!

1 Like

Sadly I have contacted them and they said their credit bureau was unable to match my info with their records :frowning: I asked if there was anything I could do to help and they just said no. ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Hmm, well I had the same problem with a similar initial response, and then someone else was able to look into it and resolve the problem (see here). I know that they are looking to try and resolve the issue so that matches are more effective.

Are you in a second floor flat or something, or is your address just 8 Templeton Close or something like that? Some of us wondered if having ā€œsecond floor flatā€ in front of the address was causing issues.

1 Like

Oh interesting - I do have a Basement Flat in my address, but sometimes itā€™s listed as flat A instead. Iā€™ll try asking them and see what they say. Thanks for your suggestion - much appreciated! :smiley:

1 Like

I suspect that is the problem. Mine is listed as top floor flat some places, and just the number and road in others so it is understandable that there may be a mismatch!

No worries - I hope you get it sorted. :smiley:

thought i would say hi
im from billingshurst
I also work at London gatwick airport North/South terminals
and i noticed these bright cards floating around te airport as i served 2-3 passengers and it was so bright i asked what card was it so here i am 3 days later with the card myself after quick registering on Sunday night and receiving it on Tuesday

5 Likes

Welcome, welcome! :smiley: The card design certainly seems to be working as a talking point. Hope you enjoy your account and the wonderful community!

1 Like