Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Hi everyone. Iā€™ve had a Monzo card for a while but have only used it occasionally. However I am now looking to use it much more often as I see the benefits of instant notifications and visibility of my account.

I work in sales for a supplier of personal and workplace safety equipment. I am married with 2 children and enjoy spending time with my family and walking our 2 dogs. I am a fan of Derby County :soccer:

3 Likes

My names Michael

i work in cyber security
i play devils advocate
logic over everything

2 Likes

Hey people. .My name is Abbyā€¦ Iā€™m currently training to be a Virtual Assistantā€¦ Iā€™m a football enthusiast & committed football mum & my son & I do a lot of travellingā€¦I just received my Monzo card & Iā€™m looking forward to using itā€¦ does Monzo work in Paris, Italy & Belgium?

3 Likes

Sorry I just had to ask, Are you training to become Siri or Alexa? :grinning:

10 Likes

No, Cortana :wink:

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: International Charges?

My nameā€™s Seb. Currently awaiting the honour of joining Monzoā€¦

Looking to get it started as my main current accountā€¦ Slowly transition to using it full timeā€¦

I live with my boy friend and two lovely labradors. More Monzo users seem to love cats. I do. But currently a doggy household!!

Screenshot_20180220-220629|243x500

4 Likes

Or even worse revoluts Rita?

1 Like

Hello everyone. I am junglynist, Iā€™m 4.4 decades old, love music and collect dead squirrels

4 Likes

what purpose do these dead squirrels serve?

5 Likes

dustersā€¦?

2 Likes

thatā€™s the beauty of squirrels, they have a wide variety of uses

1 Like

I hope itā€™s taxidermy?

Iā€™d be stuffed otherwise

5 Likes

Hi there, Iā€™m Neil from the UK (South London/Kent Borders).

My friend recommended Mon oz to me so Iā€™m just busy scouting out what there is to offer and how it compares to other banking apps I use (HSBC, Revolut, etc).

2 Likes

Hi there!! I would like to know more about how to find the total value of monzo clients deposits in the annual report and if you have any intention on evolving in the future years into lending. Many thanks

1 Like

Hey all,

Names James, brand new to Monzo, Iā€™d seen it in the past and I was a bit skeptical about it. Now that itā€™s bigger and I know people who use it, Iā€™m now comfortable with it. Got my card through yesterday, Iā€™m looking forward to Overdraft becoming available and seeing how well this works.

Things Iā€™m interested in:

• Football
  • Football Manager
  • Rugby
  • Other sports
  • Android
  • Gaming
  • Netflix
  • Amazon Prime Video

I work in the phone industry, but not a salesman =)

5 Likes

Hi Richard - Iā€™m Suzie and really excited about joining this community, as Iā€™m interested in digital innovation, especially around open banking and the interesting stuff you guys look to be doing at Monzo. Iā€™m currently working in the telecoms industry, but my history is in banking, payments and transport. In my spare time I love nothing more than bobbing around on the sea in my motorboat :smiley:

7 Likes

Hello, I am new to Monzo! I recently moved to the UK from Australia and struggled (and often felt like I wasnā€™t welcome) with a lot of beaurocracy with opening a bank account here. Everything was sort of a Catch-22 where I had enough documentation to get a visa but not the right documentation to open a bank account (If the Queen let me in the country, why canā€™t I give a bank my money?!).

Anyway, amongst my tourist travels someone told me about Monzo and here I am! I am very excited about the transparency of fees and the great reviews about the app and tracking your spending. I hope to be able to settle into the UK more now I have a bank account.

At the moment I am loving the cold weather as it is so different from Australia and also having a bit of a chuckle at how much public transport is shutting down - Soz.

Thank you for accepting internationals Monzo!

14 Likes

Hello Richard

How you?
Iā€™m an ex surfer dude who came to England with Ā£50 in my pocket - to make his fortune.
Started in construction as a laborer & over the years worked myself up to the top.

I have a Construction Management Ltd Company & have been looking into getting into home maintenance.
But then bitcoin came along - I have had a lot of problems with banks over Bitcoin & was just wondering what Monzoā€™s stance is on Bitcoin.

They seem to be bitcoin friendly - do they mind people buying Bitcoin with there Monzo cards & if so - how much do they mind people buying a day.

3 Likes