Introduce yourself 👋

Thanks, I’ve no idea how I managed to make my comment do that?

1 Like

Snuck some of these in :wink:

```

I’m Chris from UK
Do I ask a question here.

@creeps60 Try here?

You must have a big house to store all those shoes!

I have a lower card limit :grin:

1 Like

Hi all, I am Oliver. I have been an advertising professional until 2017, now I’ve moved to the UK and working as a trainer at a financial call centre. I have been quite a huge fan of Monzo since I was introduced to it. Although I still bank with Barfley’s (no typo), I am looking for every reason to try out Monzo as my primary bank. But I am still looking diligently for the balls to just switch my bank as I am quite chicken when it comes to finances. I am here to see what ideas are flying around here at Monzo, maybe also add in a few of mine along the way.

2 Likes

Hi Oliver & welcome :wave:

Think of Monzo as a bank on steroids. Instant notifications, data-rich transaction details, no additional oversea charges (when using card or Apple/Google Pay), Gambling block, card freezing, pots (very nice!), Get-paid-early, Salary Sorter, and so on…

I trialled Monzo in 2017 when it didn’t have all the features available but experienced the direction it was moving and switched to Monzo as my/our primary bank as soon as Joint Accounts launched. Never looked back. Make the switch - you won’t regret it :+1:

1 Like

Hi I’m Karen… I live in Cambridge and travel regularly to visit my son in Sri Lanka.
Does Monzo work successfully when withdrawing cash from an ATM over there?
I’d like to find a way of getting cash out of my account with no charges of course!
I understand you can withdraw up to a maximum of £200 a month but want to know if it is always successful from atms.
Thanks and help on this gratefully received!

Hi Karen & welcome :wave:

This topic may be useful;

Hi! I am a new user to Monzo and have recently joined the community, I hope to be active on here!

1 Like

Welcome @KarenM !

Welcome! What brought you to the Monzo Community? Want to tell us a bit about you and where you’re from? :pray:

2 Likes

It’s like Cilla Black is here…

2 Likes

Just wait to see who you’ve been paired up with in Monzo Community Blind Dating!

2 Likes

Sure! I am from United Kingdom in Bristol, I recently got Monzo as a new bank as my brother told me all about it and referred me to Monzo. And I found out about Monzo community through a support ticket I made and have been here since! I joined the community yesterday and having a great time so far. I was hoping to apply for a job at Monzo if I am lucky :joy::grin:

1 Like

What’s your dream job at Monzo?

(I’ll stop asking questions in a bit before Graham has to pop in with a quick reminder)

2 Likes

probably only you are me are old enough to get that reference :joy:

3 Likes

Not sure what they call the job but the people that respond to you when you need help and chat with of them. Not sure what they are called lol.

1 Like

I, err, saw it on YouTube, on a gif, on TicToc?!

1 Like