Interesting review of Albright's book in the Grauniad (a private eye reference for the youngsters)

Favourite line: She’s clear that Brexit – “an exercise in economic masochism that Britons will long regret” – is a terrible mistake.

4 Likes

She is a very intelligent and observant woman. That’s straight to the top of my must read list :+1:

3 Likes

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Grauniad

Her book looks like it could be a good read, thank you for the pointer!

1 Like

This line was controversial but I really believe this: “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” If women aren’t even supporting each other how do we ever empower each other to do better?

Also long ramble below:

Summary

With the stepping down of one Justice in the Supreme Court and the possible appointing of a pro-life judge (like Trump promised) Roe v Wade might be overturned :woman_shrugging:t2: might not affect all states but I fear for women in America.

You don’t stop abortions, just safe abortions. I think someone can be personally pro-life but not restrict others from being able to make a choice. Politics is often a touchy subject and abortion also very much so but I don’t understand the obsession with trying to govern bodies.

TL; DR: going to acquire this book as soon as I can

3 Likes

I finally read the book!

I didn’t particularly warm to the author, but the crash history lessons were well written and educating. The book gives a calm and thought out position on Trump and power more generally. Worth a read. :blush:

1 Like