✅ Integration with Amex

I’m hoping other credit cards and current and savings account intergration follows shortly after. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Me too!

I’m hoping for:

• phase 1 - view balance
  • phase 2 - view transactions
  • phase 3 - automatically set aside each card transaction in a pot to pay off the bill

Followed by swift roll out of other providers!

Although if we got all three at the same time I’d be super happy.

17 Likes

Anyidea when its coming out or is it a typical Monzo “Coming Soon” sorta thing?

I have no insight but I suppose it depends on how staff testing goes. No problems, then i imagine under a month - problems then it might take a few. Committed pots have been in staff testing for, what, six months, because they need to be reengineered.

If it’s just the balance I’d imagine it’ll be pretty quick if they’re already at the staff testing phase :open_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t believe staff have talked about anything other than balance, including the screenshots that have been shared.

3 Likes

I know AMEX is probably one of the main credit card providers in the market. I wonder if Monzo has plans for other credit card providers, such as Capital One, Barclaycard, Newday etc :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’m not sure this is a good example to use since, from what I’ve read, Committed Spend Pots aren’t actively being worked on atm.

1 Like

Which is why it’s a great example! Sometimes staff testing results in a quick roll out, sometimes it might take a long time - or not be actively worked on.

Not saying that’s the case here, but is a potential outcome, for sure.

2 Likes

American Express isn’t, actually. A quick google shows in the UK Amex holds 2–5% market share, with Visa leading (70–80%).

One example.

3 Likes

It was “released” to staff today but it’s not finished yet. It will arrive to all users in the next 2-3 weeks I suspect.

14 Likes

Are you able to confirm the extent of the functionality? It’d be helpful to know if it’s just visibility of the balance, if only to manage expectations…

5 Likes

Balance to begin with. Transactions later when we sort out some more fundamental design questions with the app :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

Thanks, Kieran - much appreciated!

It’ll be interesting to see how you crack the design challenge. To go back to the old financial hub analogy, it’s one that’d have to be tackled sooner or later, so I’m really interested to see how this pans out.

(I wonder whether pots and/or the new account switcher might hold parts of the key :thinking:)

3 Likes

Maybe it could be implemented like joint account spending, with a little icon showing which account (Amex, Monzo or more in the future) the transaction was made from? Then the ability to filter transactions/balances/etc

3 Likes

Wooo - thanks for the update! I’m dreaming of the day I can bill split Amex transactions with my partner :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing my Amex balance in Monzo soon!

1 Like

Let me give you some perspective, I’m a new Monzo account holder, but I had a personal Amex since 1980 (I’m 61). My Amex is platinum. I get benefits, I do NOT want a cobranded card.

AND: I’d like to see the analysis of Monzo expenses, applied to my Amex expenses. You should get them in real time or daily, and merge them in your analysis.

1 Like

There’s never been talk of a cobranded card, so you are safe there.

If Amex can’t do this, I’d be surprised if Monzo can take the Amex data and improve it (I could be wrong there though).

2 Likes

Actually by merging expenses from both accounts into the Monzo categories, it would improve.

G.