Information on investor cards

This is a recent thing. Mine definitely used to show it on the virtual card

If I request an investor card, how long is the old one valid for?

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #159

You can freeze, order an investor card & then unfreeze your current card - then continue using your current card for as long as you please :slight_smile:

Im still waiting for mine, app says it should have been delivered between 7-9 Dec.

Ive re-odered one yesterday, but the delivery date still shows 7-9 Dec. Don’t know if the surge in replacements has made the estimate inaccurate. Anyway looks like im not the only one its happened too.

Wow, seriously? So I can have two active cards?

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #162

No :slight_smile:

You asked about requesting an investor card :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The moment you receive it and activate the new card, via the Monzo app, you old card instantly deactivates :grin:

It’s impossible to have 2 active cards on a single Monzo account (joint account not included :yum:)

Ah that makes more sense :slight_smile: thank you

I did confirm though recently that you can leave your new card unactivated for a fixed period of time then activate it. Not sure how long you can hold off before Monzo cancels the unactivated card but I thought it might be useful for having a sore card ready.

The email sent out today says that a new card costs just under £3 to produce and send.

Straw poll - who would be willing to pay for a card? I would pay £3 for an investor card.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Pleased it’s not just me! :credit_card:

50/50 split :grinning:

(Rachel Raybould) #168

Why I am waiting to get my investor one since I feel bad.

Surprised actually, thought there would be more of a clear difference.