Inactivity fee

Hi there, sorry if this has already been answered, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

I’m looking to get a Monzo card to use while abroad. However I’m curious as to whether there will be a fee/charge for inactivity. I will only be using the card while abroad, and won’t be using it for the rest of the time I’m back in the UK. A few travel cards or prepaid cards have a fee when the card becomes inactive after a period time after the last use.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Hi. Welcome to the community

There is no fee in any case, except for certain optional services (e.g. sending money abroad)

It’s just a normal bank account in the operating sense and there’s no time limit

Maybe it will turn out that you enjoy it enough to bin off your old bank. You never know

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for answering my question.

Hopefully I will get to use the card more like you suggested.

One final quick question, if you know, how long does it take to receive the card once I’ve created my account?

Hey!

It takes 2-5 working days to receive your Monzo card once you’ve set up your account!

If you’re looking to travel with Monzo we’ve written a blog post that you may find handy: https://monzo.com/features/travel/ :raised_hands:

4 Likes

That’s amazing! Thank you for your help, really appreciate it!

4 Likes

Enjoy the start of your Monzo journey

I know your specific question has been answered already, but for future knowledge (and anyone else who might find your post by searching after having a similar question), you might like to know that the Financial Conduct Authority require all banks to set out their fees and charges in a standardised document. The idea of this is to make all fees clear and transparent. If you ever have a question like this for any bank, it’s worth looking up this document. It’s called a “Fee information document” and is usually published as PDF.

You can see the version for Monzo here (https://monzo.com/legal/fee-information/fee-information-1.2.pdf) and they look very similar for all banks so customers can readily identify that it is the official FCA mandated document.

6 Likes