In-app Bank Statements

I have a couple of these from December (possibly more further back, these are just two that I noticed). It’s an iTunes card check of £1·00, then refund of £1·00. On my statement, both show as “Pending”, in the app, only one of them still shows as “Pending”. I messaged support a couple of weeks ago, and was told it “looks like this may be a display error”. I said it wasn’t urgent, so they said they’d look into it at some point. Seems I still have the “display error” though, and sounds like you do to. Might be worth messaging support and seeing what they say. Would be good to get these sorted.

I have loads of those going back a long long time

Edit: I would think neither should be visible on my statement since what it actually means is the authorisations have expired

1 Like

I had this yesterday and spoke to support, they said it’s something to do with the way apple process the payments and unfortunately can’t be changed. But as long as you’ve been refunded it’s ok.

1 Like

I just had a chat with support about those pending payments, got the same thing. I personally think they’re transactions that aren’t ever claimed back, but are still refunded and Monzo doesn’t behave correctly with them.

2 Likes

Another thing to consider is regarding the refund transaction appearing as deposit.
A charge made in 1 transaction and then refunded in another transaction -> net=0, but I think it is incorrect to mark this as deposit.

1 Like

@simonb, do you know if there are plans to address the incorrect page size of in-app statements. I thought it had been sorted, but when I went to export my statements today, they are still US Letter. I need to archive my statements and will hold off if a fix is on the way. :pray:

2 Likes

Just to tie threads together, I thought it would be worth linking to Names on the Current Account as there’s several mentions of statements in there (including one myself due to the forced inclusion of my middle name that I’d rather not have there).

The statement pdf name is set to the date and time the statement was downloaded which seems irrational to me, I want it to be the month of the statement, preferably in ISO date format so it lists correctly by date.

Starling get it right in that the statement name is the month of the statement but wrong in two ways: they force you to enter your password for every month you want to download (tedious as hell) and the name format doesn’t work to list the statements by date.

4 Likes

Just used the statement feature for the first time from within summary. The only options available to export as PDF was current month or all time. It’s been mentioned before, but this needs improving soon!

1 Like

@Chippy_j At least on Android you can get statements for any month. But it’s very well hidden:

Account > Settings Cog > Scroll down > Statement history.

Terrible UX …

Change the month in Summary and the month to export changes - it’s the calendar icon in the top right.

Yeah you’re right, you can do it by changing the month each time. But since the transition to summary you can no-longer swipe between months. Seems a little awkward now to change months each time for a bank statement. I think it could be simpler to select multiple or different months through the menu available.

If you go to account, click on your name at the top and scroll down there is a tab called “statement history”. I find this easier if I have to download multiple statements :slightly_smiling_face:
Not sure about android but I imagine it would be similar

2 Likes

@cookywook, Not chasing, but just curious if this is still the end goal?
Maybe they should also have our IBAN listed once it’s up and running.

3 Likes

And be formatted for A4 instead of US Letter?

3 Likes

Am I the only person who finds the order of the amount & balance columns really odd?

On any given line, the balance is shown on the far right, and yet seems to be the balance before the transaction is applied. On every other bank statement I have ever seen, the report balance is the balance after the transaction.

If this can’t be changed, can the columns at least be swapped? It’s really peculiar…

1 Like

Just checked mine and it’s balance after transaction, at least on the pdf version

Just realised (or rather, had it pointed out), that it’s because the transactions are most-recent-first. Am I very old fashioned for finding this really confusing?

This is the one thing that really annoys me about these statements

I’d love to see transfers to saving pots consolidated as one transaction for the chosen statement period, summing them all up. I transfer myself daily amounts between pots and it makes statements look very messy.

1 Like