1 Like

(Kolok) #85

My savings pot is back now.

1 Like

(Jai Sullivan) #86

Same! :tada:

1 Like

(Jon Moss) #87

Blimey. I just got a shock when opening the app and seeing the zero balance in my Savings Pot…

Very useful to see the discussions here though.

Personally, I do see this as a serious glitch… look forward to understanding how it happened and what will be put in place to avoid it happening again.

Update: now back to normal. I’m sure I’m missing a couple of million though :wink:

2 Likes

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #88

That was fast :boom::tada::pray:

The balance has returned to its original value :blush: nice one monzo :sunglasses:

Will there be a post explaining what went wrong to cause these two issues? :grin:

4 Likes

(Dan Mullen) #89

The status page has been updated to say a fix was found and applied but I’d be very interested to hear what the root cause was.

And yes, I know Monzo is under no obligation to provide an explanation but, in the interests of transparency and maintaining customer trust, I think an explanation would be widely appreciated.

8 Likes

It’s more the US balances I’m interested in.

That seems like a bug that would only happen if things were being worked on in dollars (for US accounts perhaps?)

The zero balance thing is conceivable as a UI issue.

But yeah, always love a good explanation!

2 Likes

(Jolin) #91

We know they are working on things like US accounts, but I think it’s unlikely this was related. Main reason: the balance showed as US$0.00. This is not how it would be displayed for a US account, it would be $0.00 (in the same way as our balance is normally shown as £0.00, not GB£0.00).

The use of US$ is more consistent with how foreign currencies are shown in UK accounts. Maybe what this hints at is that they are finally implementing the suggestions around showing the balance in a foreign currency when travelling. :laughing:

5 Likes

That would be interesting.

But would it ever be bang up to date?

I guess the balance could be up to date, but the transactions would still need to settle 2/3 days later?

If you haven’t guessed… I’m very much in the dark on anything like this!

0 Likes

Foreign Exchange Rate and Balance When In Other Countries
(Richard Cook) #93

Just to follow things up, we’ve now fixed the issue and updated our status page.

Thanks for bearing with us while we got this sorted :hot_coral_heart:

2 Likes

(Dan Mullen) #94

I mentioned above that the status page has been updated but it would be really good if there was some sort of explanation as to what happened to cause the problem.

3 Likes

(Kolok) #95

Or holding foreign currencies inside the app so Euros and Dollar accounts coming soon?:eyes:

1 Like

(Simon) #96

I would also love an in depth explanation of what happened here although I would say give the engineers some time to breathe, have their meetings, and do a thorough post mortem.
From past experience they will write a good technical explanation but I wouldn’t expect this on the same day, this stuff takes a bit of time

1 Like

(Michael) #97

Will we ever get an explanation for what happened here?

1 Like

(Lancelot Payne) #98

It’s happened to me now as well and it’s really not good enough I also got a refund for an item I returned and that seems to of not helped the cause. I’ve been using my card but my spent today is still at £0 I know I’ve spent money and even made a withdrawal too I hope we get an explanation for this.

0 Likes

(Michael) #99

That’s a different issue to the one outlined in this thread.

0 Likes

(Lancelot Payne) #100

Oh snap didn’t even realise that until I re read it either way just hope these all get sorted out ASAP.

0 Likes

(Sacha Zarb) #101

Suspect the incident write up will be done over the weekend or Monday, these usually take a bit of time and proper consideration.

2 Likes

(Hugh Wells) #102

I don’t know exactly whether a blog post will be published on this - it was a very small number of people impacted :+1:

Once the internal report and stuff is done I’ll try to find someone to post an update here for you, or see what I can summarise :slight_smile:

8 Likes

(Michael) #103

Thanks for that. I was wondering if you have any other update?

1 Like