Improved payee management

Please please please can this get some love now Plus is out the door :pray:

6 Likes

And don’t make it a Plus product :rofl:

6 Likes

Ad nauseam… :sleeping:

No need to be horrible

This is one of the main reasons I keep Starling as my main ‘personal bills’ account, rather than Monzo.
Starling let you change any details for a Payee after setting them up.

Write a wrong digit? You can correct it without having to write down the bank details, delete the payee, and then re-enter them.

Possibly THE ONLY reason I don’t switch to Monzo.

2 Likes

:wave:

Lots of great suggestions here! We shipped today a small improvement to Payees. You can now create a payee without needing to send them a bank transfer :tada:

We also updated some of the components used in the add payee flow, to match the rest of the app.

It’s in Labs, let us what you think!

25 Likes

Nice! :+1:

EDIT: Works well and also performs a CoP check too!

2 Likes

There’s also a nice empty state for customers without any payees after signing up (first screen)

23 Likes

Great stuff. Hopefully this is the start of a revamp in this area :grinning:

5 Likes

I think that may have can the revamp…

Great improvement, is this the start of many in this area or was this just a one stand alone project?

6 Likes

Thank you Bruno, this is great. Any plan in bringing “Merge payees” to iOS?

4 Likes

I’ve tidied up my payees so any that were Mr A B Name are now First Surname so that the coloured circles are FS not MA. Its the little things :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for this update, Bruno. Still can’t add a photo for payees :slightly_frowning_face: will there be more updates to this feature?

1 Like

I hope so :pray: :pensive:

1 Like

We explored the entire problem space when looking at this project. So there’s really nice design explorations of what we’d like the Payees experience to be like. But right now my team was just picking up Adding new Payees as a first step, and won’t continue working on this. So don’t expect a new stream of Payee updates. The suggestions mentioned here (changing names etc) have already been scoped out and are on a future improvements list.

18 Likes

Thanks for giving us an idea of what’s on the road map and managing expectations on this topic @bruno :grinning: :raised_hands:

1 Like

‘Add a new Payee’ is now gone from labs but is still active in the app - that was quick! :racing_car:

2 Likes

Some last user testing before launching.

Seems to be one geared at business accounts hence why it got pushed into the spotlight and developed

4 Likes

Yeah, it looks that way - aimed at Business Accounts - I missed the earlier @MonzoBusiness tweet “New to Monzo Business: set up your payees ahead of time (not just when you’re making a payment) :tada:

Can’t complain - it also works on Personal & Joint accounts too! :smiley:

4 Likes